North Shore | Zach Gustafson x Erik Kerber

I had the opportunity to shoot this fun video with one of my great yo-yo friends Zach. I always love to hear feedback on not only tricks but also the video style and editing. I hope you enjoy it😊

7 Likes

Wow great video! I like the tricks, the camera movements and especially the colors of the video. Nice work.
What messed with your footage a little was your cameras automatic color balance. Especially at 3 minutes and 5 seconds the colors became really warm for a moment and then turned back to being cold.

Yeah, that’s definitely something I noticed as well. This video was entirely shot on an iPhone, so manual white balance control is
limited☹️

Typically I’m used to shooting on a Panasonic GH5, but in this situation it was really nice to have a super light weight iPhone setup with the DJI Osmo Mobile as we ran around to different locations. It’s definitely something I hadn’t really done before.

Thanks for your feedback and I’m glad you enjoyed the video!:blush: I’m hoping Apple Builds some more manual shooting modes into their stock camera app as it would really help when I decide to do videos like this. Or maybe it’s just time for me to invest in a decent third party app like filmic or something​:thinking:

What do you normally shoot video with?

I’m surprised to hear that your stock app doesn’t come with manual white balance control. It would only take a small update to add it.

Definitely do it! I can garuantee you that the automatic white balance will mess with your future footage as well.

And I use Panasonic G7 and I’m a big fan of prime lenses😄

1 Like

Yeah, the stock camera app is definitely something that android has a leg up over compared to iOS. The only option to lock white balance in the stock camera app is by pressing and holding on a subject which not only locks white balance, but also locks exposure and focus. When shooting this video that’s not something I wanted to do as autofocus was super helpful for the moving shots.

That’s awesome! The G7 is what I started with. It’s a fantastic 4K camera for the price. I take it you really like Panasonic’s 25mm F1.7 since you’re in to prime lenses? That’s actually the only prime lens I own right now.

I have the 20mm f1.7 and 42.5mm f1.7 (:

1 Like