Noobs who just buy yoyos..

That lie part is so true.

With me. There was a kid in my school and in exams he sat with me. He was 2 years younger then me.

Now one day I bought some banana chips to school and in the break as he did not bought anything I offered him some. He ate them. And said I love these chips.

After 5 minutes he was holding his head and I asked him what happened he said because of eating chips his head is paining .

I said that you liked them right? Guess what he said?

I like Non veg banana chips and thought that these are non veg.

I was like what lol.

And another thing he said he eats non veg only breakfast non veg lunch and dinner also.

And he also lied about many things but this story is most funny kind of being a show off.

I still laugh when I think about him.

I think it’s best to start with cheaper ones like a YYF Velocity or responsive DV888, but if you go big right out of the gates, no biggy.

I’m sure the chance is greater of banging them up, but that could even happen to the best of players.

Maybe it would be a good idea to suggest a nice case for them. I would also suggest playing on carpet or grass as its more forgiving than concrete. :sunglasses:

Link to compteting store promotional video removed. PLEASE do not post these here. This site is sponsored by YOYOEXPERT.
Thanks
-jhb8426-

They explained that despite the price jump from budget-metal to high end metal yoyos there was not really a proportional performance jump. That is probably not intuitive to folks outside of the community.

I started with a DM2… but would likely advise any beginner today to start with a Shutter or a Horizon… they are not too expensive, but really forgiving throws…easy to learn with.

1. .02

thank gosh someone understands

“Best yoyo of the year (on our website) 2015” There is so many more yoyos than they have available but its a good start

A fair point Yoyordy.

Since we’re on the topic anyway… what would you recommend? What out there is a stable, long spinning, good yoyo to carry someone from beginner through advanced?

I haven’t been throwing for very long, so I don’t have many yoyos or experience with many brands.

Is there a competitor to, say, the Shutter in terms of price and performance?

I’m an advocate of starting out responsive, using something like a Velocity or Raider and then buying something else

For me that was my Dark Magic II. I played responsive initially then later put a non-responsive bearing in.
I figured if Andre Boule was using a DM to make the tutorials I was watching…

But you are correct. I had forgotten about the responsive phase… the Shutter would not be a good initial candidate.

He was actually being sarcastic.

You mentioned that these expensive yoyos aren’t good to learn with, I can’t see how this could be true. In my opinion, they definitely won’t slow anyone down since these modern, high-end throws are some of the easiest yoyo to play with, ever. Heck, if he started with say, a less stable plastic he might end up giving up too early because it might be “too difficult”.

A good yoyo is whatever yoyo that, when you look at it, you just wanna play it, and keep playing it.

The -you’re concerned that it might be damaged- is just things that you have to learn to live with, since it’s his yoyo and that was the choice he made.

I started with a Yomega Fireball > Yomega Hot Shot > Yomega Maverick > YoYoFactory Shutter

There’s my timeline :sunglasses:

Need to drink that haterade.

Am I seriously the only one who agrees with Connor?

That is a lot of yoyos for someone who to have within a week of yoyos. That’s okay unless he actually bought them. If he did buy them, I feel sorry that he made a complete waste of all that money. One yoyo is enough for a beginner. What I don’t think he gets is that its practice that makes a yoyoer, not yoyos. All those yoyos are probably not even usable by him because he doesn’t even have a consistent bind.

What I don’t think you guys get is that the OP was a rant, which means it was sort of supposed to be harsh, like my own post.

1 Like

That could be the punch line of a funny joke. Who buys that many high-end yoyos without ever having one before?

One could argue that one yoyo is enough for anyone. If a kid wants to buy a bunch of yoyos, who am I to say the money was wasted? Nobody, it’s simply not something that should concern me. It has no effect upon my well being unless I turn it into a stressful event and that’s my issue.

I love trying new things so I can be considered a noob at any given time. I throw my heart and soul into what I do as well as my time and money. I love the noob phase! New gear, new experiences, new friends, new learning, and exploration.

I am glad I learned to yoyo without any guidance. I’m glad I didn’t have anyone telling me, “this is right and this is wrong, get this, you only need one.” I experimented, I played and I enjoyed yo-yoing long before I even knew there was a yo-yoing community. Not one person ranted about my yo-yoing.

Let kids buy whatever yoyo and how many yoyos they want, and me too. You’ll be happier. :wink:

3 Likes

Preach my friend! :slight_smile:

Who cares?

I mean, was it necessary? Of course not.

Will I lose sleep tonight? Of course not.

A little off topic, like few months ago I bought kendamas and I’m a complete newbie. Most people only buy one, but I bought many on purpose, because I know they play differently. Do I “need” that many? technically no, but it’s my money and it’s my decision. My friend who is a seller I’m buying from actually tried stopping me from buying more kendamas from him because he thought it was a waste of money.
Back on topic, if the kid bought these yoyos unknowingly or without any “need” and he might probably end up not playing anymore, well he got his lesson about how to spend on something, he can still sell them so no complete loss.
One other reason I replied here was because op thinks these yoyos will slow newbies down, which isn’t likely true. I started on fixed axle, then transaxle, then plastic yoyos with bearing. Anyone should theoretically be able to do as good or better than me by going on the same route, BUT it’s ultimately the person’s decision what kind of yoyos and which route he choose. As I said before, the best yoyos to learn with is the one that when you look at it, makes you just want to play it.

Truth has been spoken. But I do think he over did it a little to buy so many high end throws with such little experience.

Some people are judgmental and I am one of them. I’m gonna leave the thread before a say something I’ll regret.

Didn’t read whole thread.

OP needs to stop coating himself in that thick layer of KY Jealous, and put down his Peanut Butter and Jealous sandwich for a second.

I started with noob is fever, I spent more than $400 on yo-yos and accessories I was no where skilled enough to use having only been in the hobby for about 3 weeks. Look at me now, seven months later, still buying more yoyos, still loving the hobby, and still learning.

You buy what you can afford and enjoy what you have