I didn’t realize it worked that way lolol but YESSSS for my yoyo being an SS

1 Like

:fire: C3Yoyodesign | Galaxy Diver 7075v2 | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 54.98mm
Width - 49.79mm
Weight - 65.5g
Materials - 7075 Alu + SS

Depending on who you are, this yoyo is one of the best yoyos ever made, or it’s just another yoyo from the C3 Lineup. Seriously, this yoyo has a cult following. If you know where to look; you’ll find people telling you this is #1 of all time lol. Makes sense, it’s an insanely good yoyo that marks all the boxes. Hand-feel and appeal to people with a more oldhead preference for their yoyos might not be into the Diver, though. If you wanna try a unique competitively oriented yoyo, the Diver’s a great option. Great stability, good at zontals, everything. Not my favorite yoyo for speed combos or going particularly fast, but it’s more than capable as a fast mover. I’d say the biggest benefit of this yoyo is just how controllable it is in tandem with its insane viability. Unfortunately, yoyos like the GTR-JS exist that are a lot of the same, just with a more approachable shape and play feel. The dreaded rimweighted sensation on this yoyo is here, but it almost feels like it actively benefits the yoyo by being more or less an indication of direction change, or almost like a cushion for spontaneous redirects. Good yoyo, and for a great price too. If you just want an objectively good yoyo, this is the way to go.

Play: Competitive

Power: Powerful
Speed: Average
Controllability: Direct Control
Stability: Built Different

Value: Good
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Play Hard

sOMEThING Anglam Pinnacle moved up to A-Tier, CLYW Compass moved up to A-tier, DresselDesigns Emotion added to SS-Tier*

11 Likes

Galaxy Diver my beloved. Glad you went over this one, such a god tier yoyo.

2 Likes

Could you do a video or post review of galaxy diver 6061? I am thinking of buying one in 2023 and there is literally nothing on YouTube.

Thanks.

Sure thing man! I have some other reviews I gotta record/write up first, but I can do one on the 6061 Diver for you :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have also spotted a topyo Colossus S a bimetal at 35 euros! (You would not have an opinion on this one would you)?

2 Likes

CLYW | Compass | A-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 56.42mm
Width - 45.4
Weight - 66.6g
Materials - N/A (Guessing 6061)

Originally, I wasn’t super impressed with the Compass. It felt great to play with, but had weirdly bad spin times and was particularly sensitive. Couldn’t get out basically any combos, zontals were a no-go, and it’d constantly snag. The Compass was just weird, it felt like the yoyo was designed for something it just couldn’t do. Turns out, the Snow Tires were causing string rub, and basically nuked the playing experience of the Compass. I chucked in some Summer Tires, and suddenly, the Compass became good. The performance of the Compass for speed, maneuverability, stability, and even zontals went up, it felt like I didn’t need to baby the yoyo or avoid tricks I enjoy doing to play with it. The Compass is quick, quite maneuverable, and easily controllable. Though there are times I feel the weight of the Compass a bit more than other yoyos. The yoyo doesn’t quite come back with a kick, but it’s not particularly anemic, and the overall stability is what I expect from a yoyo that weighs 66 grams. It’s a great yoyo dragged down by a pretty high MSRP cost, with average power and stability.

Power: Average
Speed: Fast
Controllability: Easy
Stability: Average

Value: Bad
Bind: Tight
Sturdiness: Average

Moved C3Yoyodesign Hydrogen Crash, CLYW Dune, and YYF Boost to S-Tier, moved UNPRLD Abduction and TP MSG to A-Tier, moved OneDrop Kamuraiju, DresselDesigns & Damien Puckett Fusion, sOMEThING Anglam Pinnacle, Thesis Aventus, and CLYW Akita & Beater to B-Tier, moved iYoyo Pyro X, Magicyoyo N12 Sharks Honor, Yoyofriends Baryon, and Yoyofactory KO to C-tier. *

8 Likes

But why did you move Hydrogen Crash to just S tier?

3 Likes

Is good, but too competitively oriented for some that I feel to justifiably be in SS Tier.

1 Like

@KirbyRobot - I love your rating system, videos, and well thought out reviews even though I have been called an “OldHead”. Luckily “OldHeads” aren’t hyper-sensitive so I will embrace the moniker. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know Homie don’t play that game, but I play responsive slimline likely due to nostalgia, chill factor, or some deep rooted unresolved personal issues.

I can only hope there is a similar “Gingie-style” rating system established for responsives. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Wasn’t sure what else to really call that older group lol, figured oldhead was more polite than boomer :skull:

But yeah, sorry for not posting a lot of reviews lately or keeping track of this thread, it’s not abandoned or anything. Between midterms and finals, it’s been a constant rush of constant work. Even videos are on the backburner rn.

2 Likes

I always thought of oldhead as a term of endearment like the old heads still got some old school wisdom

2 Likes

Here you go king

:fire: C3Yoyodesign | Galaxy Diver 6061 | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 55.03mm
Width - 50.19mm
Weight - 64.7g
Materials - 6061 + SS

Not a lot to say, it’s really really similar to the 7075 Diver, it just feels less dense on the string. Lots of the same enjoyable qualities, and lots of the same play feel. It’s literally the same yoyo with a different aluminum. The most significant difference is that the 7075 Diver has a tiny amount of extra kick and stability, but not a lot.

Power: Powerful
Speed: Average
Controllability: Direct Control
Stability: Solid

Value: Insane
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Play Hard

7 Likes

I ordered it yesterday. Thanks a lot! It is going to be my first bimetal and my 7th yoyo in total. Cheers.

1 Like

Please review the Nucleon!

okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUpwu8tRpA

2 Likes

Wanna see why you selected roll machine from YJ to A tier XD

2 Likes

nice thanks! just knew about this.

1 Like

Do you have any plans on making a written review on your red valkyrie? I brought a brand new one straight from japan and I need more in depth reviews of these since the profile is similar to skyfish.

It’s possible I touched on it in my Japanese yoyos video, but I don’t remember exactly.

1 Like