Non-Video Gingie Reviews & Tierlist

Got some down time while I eat dinner

Yoyofactory | Wedge 2.0 | B-tier

Specs:
Diameter - 62.31mm
Width - 44,79mm
Weight - 65.4g
Materials - Polycarbonate

Sharp. Plays fast, maneuverable. Real good. Just super vibey. Good at zontals but honestly it doesn’t spin for super long and just kinda lacks some kick. Kekw drama tho.

Play: Competitive

Power: Soft
Speed: Fast
Controllability: Easy
Stability: Average

Value: Good
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Average

6 Likes

That was one thing I thought it had, I think I had a bad wedge 2.0 since zontals sucked, but when I tried a friend’s 2.0 it played much better, thank you for reviewing! Loving the reviews lately : D

above the:

• CLYW BOY, both Kodiaks, Alpine
  • Duncan GTR and Grasshopper GTX
  • YYR Valkyrie (New Version)
  • TP Hades
  • YYfr Baryon
  • Good Life Breeze

btw :silly:

1 Like

Cope :coffee:

UPDATE: I have done a count of the list

As of the time of posting this, there are 214 yoyos on the tier list.

The current skew per tier looks like this:
SS-tier > 4 yoyos
S-tier > 24 yoyos
A-tier > 65 yoyos
B-tier > 59 yoyos
C-tier > 46 yoyos
D-tier > 13 yoyos
F-tier > 3 yoyos

10 Likes

moment

13 Likes

Isnt it just awesome

Glory to the bell curve

6 Likes

Going to the gym in a bit, here’s a review

Yoyofactory | Northstar | C-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 56.11mm
Width - 43.05mm
Weight - 71.35g
Materials - PC Body w/ Alu Rims

It’s solid. But the age really shows, sorry, it just is what it is. In the over 13 (nearly 14) years since we’ve gotten Alu-rimmed hybrids that are just better like the Monarch. It’s a fun little throwback yoyo but overall it does feel restrictive compared to something higher up on the list. It’s great if you want that historic 2010 feel, but not great if you’re expecting a performant hybrid/plastic.

Play: Everyone

Power: Powerful
Speed: Slow
Stability: Gentleness Advised

Value: Good
Sturdiness: Be Gentle

9 Likes

@KirbyRobot I love your reviews and I do bias a lot of my acquisitions on this thread… but daaaang, navigating through the list is SO PAINFUL!!! I keep checking the first post to see the updated list but most of the times i just can’t find the review itself. Any chance you could update the list with the proper links for the reviews please?

ps.: youre the best!

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to do that eventually. Definitely one of those things I’ve wanted to and been meaning to do but just haven’t quite… done.

:fire: Yoyofactory | R4 | S-Tier :fire:

Specs:
Diameter - 56mm
Width - 47mm
Weight - 64.3g
Materials - Likely 6061 Alu Body + SS Rims

The low-key banger of the Yoyofactory Mystery Black Friday bag. Didn’t think it was gonna be this, nor did I think I was gonna like it that much when I saw it was an inner ring bimetal. I tend to not be a very big fan of inner ring bimetals, especially of the inner ring bimetals from Yoyofactory. Once I realized it was an inner ring IQ/inner ring R-Type, I became especially skeptical of it. I liked the IQ, it was solid and performant if a little basic. I thought the inner-ring-ification of it was a mistake, and thought that the IQ stood good enough on its own. Thought the R4 would lose a lot of the power and stability that the IQ had so I thought it’d functionally be a nerfed version of the IQ, and by extension, have a questionable place in the R4/R-Type/IQ lineup.

Nonetheless, I was surprised! As you can tell by its ranking. The R4 is a very nimble, quick-playing, natural-feeling yoyo. It’s very maneuverable and is generally easy to control. The pacing of the R4 isn’t over-tuned to be exceptionally fast. It hits a nice sweet spot between fast and average that makes it comfortably unrestrictive if you wanna go fast, but not impossible to control if you have a more restrained playstyle. Not absolute tons of power, but enough stability that it can handily clear zontals, zoning, and a more janky style of play. The main drawback of this yoyo is that it’s a bit uncomfortable on the catch. just a handful of tweaks could probably push this into SS-Tier.

Power: Average
Speed: Fast
Stability: Average

Value: Average
Sturdiness: Play Hard

23 Likes

In the search bar theres an option to search this topic only. You can type in what yoyo youre looking for the review of and then hit in this topic. I’ve done it a couple times.

at least on mobile os not working properly and wont find the reviews i was looking for

2 Likes

I just did it on mobile and it worked for me. You have to check the box below the search bar for “search this topic”.

1 Like

Yoyofactory | Moonlight | B-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 56mm
Width - 48.2mm
Weight - 64.4g
Materials - Likely 6061 Alu Body + SS Rims

I expected this to be in the Yoyofactory Mystery Black Friday bag. Just had a gut feeling. Hunter had been not-so-subtly implying that “it definitely, under no circumstances, would never not totally wouldn’t ever exist ( :wink: )”. Definitely the main showrunner of the bag for sure. Not gonna lie though I expected… more.

The rimweighted sensation on this is very forward. Across the board, it’s a very very consistent and performant yoyo. However, due to the rimweighted sensation, it’s a fatiguing yoyo that makes it just a little… boring. Like it’s one of those yoyos that’s super super good, but has a quality about it that can take away the fun factor; that quality being the rimweight. Pacing is average, speed isn’t great, so I’ll rate it about average for speed play.

Speed: Average
Stability: Solid

Value: Average

7 Likes

Doing the very same, searching for Emotion and Monarch’s reviews and can’t find it! :frowning:

1 Like

He made video reviews for those two on his youtube channel

C3Yoyodesign | Galaxy Dinosaur | A-Tier

Specs:
Diameter - 55.06mm
Width - 49.95mm
Weight - 63.7g
Materials - 6061 Alu Body + Titanium Rims

I’ve loved all of the yoyos in the Galaxy lineup from C3 I’ve played with so far, but of all the Galaxy yoyos from C3 I’ve played with, this isn’t my favorite of the bunch. It just feels more dull than the Divers. More sluggish, less interesting, etc. Not bad, not dissimilar from the other divers, just not my favorite of the bunch.

Speed: Average
Controllability: Direct Control
Stability: Built Different

Value: Bad

Yoyofactory Miracle added to SS-Tier*

10 Likes

Love these so much

1 Like

I knew this would be the case but I’m still so bummed about it because they’re so dang pretty.

will you be reviewing the fractal?

soon :tm:

1 Like