Noctu Variants

Hello All,

I am trying to find out how many different kind of ILYY Noctu’s there are and how to distinguish them. I have one and would like to identify which run it is, as well as I am trying to find a couple of the others. Any help is appreciated!

So far I know there were several prototypes but I am unsure if any were sold or given out.

The first official batch were smaller and blue?

Then in 2010 they released the solid black larger one, as well as the splash which was black and silver.

I seen that there were some that were engraved, some that seemed to be a dark silverish color, and they put out a pearl series. I do not know which are which or how to tell.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Check here: http://ilyy.de/yoyos/noctu

It’s still in the old format, I haven’t gotten the time yet to rework all yoyo pages (like e.g. for the 2WEI).

3 Likes

There’s only the one picture, so would weighing it or measuring the diameter probably be my best bet at identifying it?

Yep, that surely helps.
Do you have a photo? I could try to ID it for you.

I can get one tonight when I am home. I believe it to be the smaller sized one, but I have never used the bigger one to know. But it is definitely small. And it is a silver color. Not as dark as the picture on the link you sent me. But I’ll definitely get a picture.

You know anybody looking to get rid of a batman edition? :smiley:

20190602_193759

3 Likes

Yep, that’s a 7075 PulsCoat Noctu.

One of 20.

2 Likes

Oh cool, I didn’t know it was so rare! Now I just need that gold and black Batman one! And the black and silver splash would be cool lol

Always liked the racing stripes version. Never had one though. Miss my silver and Batman although the Batman had issues.

ILYY has mentioned there’s interest but no current plans/dates for a Noctu remake so hit them up if you’re for it. Might help sway them. :slightly_smiling_face:

ILYY racing stripes pics:

2 Likes

Yeah I would love one of those as well. Those are super cool!

Wow. I didn’t know there was such a thing. Awesome piece! :ok_hand: