Next Run of Trading Cards

Glad other people like the idea too!

I think it’d be a great way of telling the history of our hobby and the cards would be much more recognizable than the players, imo.

1 Like

I really REALLY like this. I’d buy this.

I agree, but I’d prefer it in book form, like a yo-yo encyclopedia of sorts. It would be updated yearly.

What would you be more interested in? Something like a coffee table book? I’m not sure how cost effective it would be to publish it as a physical book. I think it would be nice. What would be cool is to take your idea another notch: You buy the book itself, which is some sort of ringed binder. Each year, a new “insertable pack” is released. You just expand the book as necessary.

I think a freely distributable PDF would be nice, but too much effort for a free item.

There was already a collector guide released for yoyos by Lucky

I own it :stuck_out_tongue:

I think someone should take a concept like that book, which was made back in the 90s I believe, have it updated to include all yo-yos until the present, including this decade, update it each year, and offer it for sale. I think it would be enjoyable, and I would buy it.

I’d be more than willing to help contribute to a book (or a run of cards, which is probably easier to execute). I could take photos and writeups.

Jason

I like your idea, and judging by success of all your past artistic projects, and your vast and growing collection, you are undoubtedly the man for the job. Any serious collector would pay a pretty penny toward a product like this. I would certainly buy! Perhaps you would start with the yo-yos that made the most mark, and then the next series would fill in from there, until it just has to be updated with current yo-yos. It will take several years to get them all in, but over time, a nice library of yo-yos will be created and published in one place. There is a current thread about “iconic” yo-yos. Maybe you might start with those first.

I have some rarer yo-yos I could photograph as well. Lots of 888s.

I like where this is heading… I really do. I think a collection like this would sell like hot cocoa at a sledding party.

Logi would be the best

Maybe one day if he shipped out the string he promised. :wink:

I am much relieved to discover I have NOT made the list.

Whew.

I am an audio engineer. The spotlight is NOT my place!

Would Abby and I make the list?

Would I?

Meh all it’s a trading card so what I’d rather earn my way on the card than by just asking.

Along the same lines but a bit off topic, what ever happened to the proposed YYE Calendars featuring Jhb8426 and Vegabomb?

Anyone know? shrugs shoulders :wink:

1 Like

interstate trafficking of objectionable materials?

The same argument can be used to restrict the movement of politicians!

LMAO