Newb Here, would like a little help

Not true. Responsive play (with a bearing even; not just the fixed axle renaissance we’re seeing) is fun and rewarding. I could do combos ending with flyaway trapeze returns (?) all day.

I love responsive play with a bearing. Not so much the fixed axle for me. But I do agree with the joy of the flyaway trapeze returns being a thing of joy.

Oh. Right. I forgot that. My bad. Anyway, my main point was if he wanted to get into unresponsive play, he doesn’t need to worry about responsive yoyos. He can go straight into unresponsive.

I think the DM2 is a great choice. I personally would go for a yoyojam classic and get a bearing that you are interested in from the appropriate section on the site. Also pick up some different kinds of string, I would suggest getting both yoyo string labs type x and ammo. You will also probably want to pick up some different silicone stickers to replace the o-rings at some point, I’d get the yoyojam kind that will fit and are made for it and another brand that you may be interested in (that will fit - you can look on the site for exact specifications) and see how all the different setups feel. I think you are still in DM2 money range and you get to experience a few different brands and ranges of products to help with future purchases.

AMMO is a terrible idea for a DM2 the gap is waaaaay to narrow, even with the speed bearing, and Type X could be a problem with the responsive bearing. Also IR pads are a great replacement, responce that you can buy in bulk if you like and if like me you wear through your response unusually quickly.

The DM2 has one of the widest gaps on the market at nearly 5mm. It’s a very unresponsive yoyo. I’ve used Ammo in there and it works fine. I’m not preferring Ammo overall (nice string, but just not my favourite) but it’ll work in a DM2.

I’m using Type X in my DM2 and most everything else I have that is worth over $30(including some that are under $30) and I can’t say I’m having any issues with this string.

Everything else is using YYE 100% poly, except my loopers which are using YYE Slick6.

If the Ammo string is too thick, I’d say your technique needs some clean-up. What I find to be too thick is “Thick Metz” string. I simply don’t like that at all.

Make sure you know what binding is before you try to use it.

eagerly waiting for my t5. I screwed up and got one from overseas so it won’t be here for 2 weeks

Just so you know, this is an unresponsive yoyo. You’ll need to learn to bind to bring it back to your hand.

Also, think closer to 3 weeks. Average time for me has been 17 days.

I was talking all about the classic. I don’t know anything about the DM2. I am guessing my post didn’t make too much sense when you got to the part saying it would be in the DM2 price range… because DM2 plus anything is by some form of mathematical law no longer in the DM2 price range. ;D ;D

pulls eject lever to escape from thread before making any more of a fool of myself