new YYR proto...

3 primary views: side view, angled view, gap view.

In order of best visual information: angled view, gap view, side(cup) view.

The side view is better than nothing.

Slightly better but indicates little.

Thanks anyway🤓

1 Like

Thanks for the pic and the extra information… Persson.

That works for me. :+1:

1 Like

You are welcome.
I asked when planned the sale… sell on line next week.

Isn’t the Valkyrie pretty much already a Draupnir +2g

No, it’s more like Draupnir +4g.

The Draupnir is 63.5g, the Valkyrie is 65.6g.

Oh i thought it was more like 67g. Whoops.

Sigtyr. I’m excited to try it, but I’m not saying it out loud until I see some phonetics! :wink:

No, it just feels like it is 67g.

More like a Draupnir + unicorn farts.

Just my 2 cents, obviously, but I don’t think this is anything to get super hyped about. I don’t think it’ll have the special feeling that the Draupnir does, and that’s due to the weight. Doesn’t mean it’ll be bad at all; it’s still a YYR. It’ll be perfectly smooth and exquisitely machined and finished. It’ll still play extremely well.

I just think that bi-metals are better when they’re a couple grams lighter than a mono-metal of similar diameter and width. If they’re similar weight, I find that they play like a juggernaut; great stability, great spin times, but they don’t feel radically different from a monometal. When you shave a couple grams off with a bi-metal, you can retain the stability and spin time of a heavier rim-weighed mono-metal, but now your bi-metal plays light and fast on the string. You can maintain spin and stability that you may not be able to with a lighter mono-metal. I think that’s where the Draupnir gets its special feeling from, as do other lighter bimetals like the Haymaker and a handful of others.

I dunno, could be way off base, but that’s how I view bi-metals vs mono-metals.

I’ll tell you more, I already do not find special the Draupnir, because it is a yoyo of 63.5 gr. which in play gives me the feeling to weigh 65 - 67gr. (The cause is the position of the greater weight of the rings … all exterior, a point wrong to place them in my opinion) … I imagine that this new model is even worse … as indeed was the Valkyrie

One thing that amazes me from Draupnir is, unlike most other bimetal that put the weight on the tip of the rim, Draupnir actually have little to no ‘throw vibe’ (not actual vibe but the slight wiggle when the yoyo is not spinning completely straight). Pretty much every bimetal with similar weight distribution always had that throw vibe even when I throw it as perfect as possible, Draupnir? almost effortless.

say?
I have a Space Cowboy who is very firmly, like a Pulsefire (the same for the Laser …)
I do not think something so rare

You… ‘you’… only ‘you’ would be the one to say that the Draupnir feels heavier than it actually is.

Since the Draupnir was released and in buyers hands; I have kept interest in what people say about it.

One of the features that make the Draupnir stand out is the power and spin it has without the heavy on the string feel.

You have an interestingly odd view of yoyo dynamics.

And your slightly distorted views on yoyo performance potentials and shortcomings cannot be blamed on any language barriers.

I think You just need a few more grams of ‘rim weight’. :nerd_face:

1 Like

this is what I feel.
since I have the Draupnir I played there about 6-7 times, not more … it is a yoyo that definitely plays well but does not give me feelings so positive … of YYR much prefer playing with the Start the Riot ( not surprisingly I have 2), the Third Impact or the Z-on or Acrophobia. I have no problem playing with light yoyo or heavy yoyo (utlizzo often the Dreadniught G) only if playing with a yoyo from 63 gr. I like that gives me the feeling of that weight, the Draupnir (like other yo-yo) is not so, and this is something that I do not like!

then? which is the problem of expressing opinions? we all have to think the same thing ??? you have to make objective assessments give yourself?
then what you mean?

1 Like

Opinions are great. What I wish is that we could all express them without the personal attacks. Using a direct, personal attack does not reinforce your point; it just diminishes the argument itself.

3 Likes

Copied from another thread; in another galaxy; far, far away…

I received mine today. I am really enjoying it.

The Sigtyr seems to be a re-work of the Valkyrie. Where the Valkyrie was heavier and a bit of a thunk on the string, the Sigtyr handles the increased weight with much more subtle grace than the Valkyrie. It flows much better and seems to change direction much faster too. Because of the increased weight on the rims, the spin and stability are very powerful at the expense of the overall speed and exquisite float of the lighter, more nimble Draupnir. Overall, I would say that the Sigtyr is a more worthy successor to the Draupnir than was the Valkyrie. It is almost funny to say that though. For most other manufacturers, the Valykrie would be their flagship throw… but it is YYR.

Sigtyr:Draupnir   Gleipnir:Sleipnir 

Now; when are they going to release a smaller version of the Draupnir?

Eg: Yo-yoX::Draupnir Stargazer::Sleipnir

I thought stargazer released earlier than sleipnir?