New Yeti Release.

Yea that is kinda anoying but I like messing around with my yoyo’s like that its kinda fun

the hype is just cuz of the true performance they have been able to manufacture. and do to the exclusivity of most releases. and you have obviousl never thrown a chief or a puffin, woolymarmot or a bassalope. those throws are some of the best things to happen to the yoyo community. ive never had a yeti though,notta plastic fan so never thought to get one. you need to expand you horizons a bit on throws though buddy. you can always pick them up on the bst. dont have to wait for a release and they are cheaper then a retail price.when it comes to dead smooth shiz you have to kinda pay up abit. like i said the hype is due to performance.

I have to disagree. The hype comes from the performance, smoothness, and colorways of the yoyos.
I like my Torque better then any CLYWs I’ve thrown. The WM2 didn’t impress me. I didn’t play it much, but it only struck me as an average yoyo. Another thing that steers me away from CLYW is that almost none of their team does horizontals. This makes me think that their yoyos can’t handle high stress tricks.

Not saying you’re wrong, but for me, fun yoyos are the performance beasts. I don’t get what people mean when they say a “fun” yoyo.

The Chief is good, it does everything well, but it’s so boring.

It is not a yo-yo for everyone. It has good performance but if you are coming from a “metal only” collection it is going to feel “off” to you. The material does not feel like normal plastic thanks to the mixture.

Personally I was impressed with the play of the Yeti and would love to own another one in any color but black or khaki… purple would be ideal. I would also like to see them use a spacer that was more forgiving than the first run Yeti I reviewed.

Anyone know if same color choices this time?

I’m looking forward to these being released. I sold my first run Yeti earlier this year. Pretty much the day after I shipped it I was thinking to myself, “why did I sell that?”

Happy I’ll have a chance to get another one…or two.

Yep black, khaki, blue, grey and was purple the other one?

I’m just going to stick to the metal CLYWs and let other people have at the yeti. I’m not a big plastic fan because many of my tricks have grinds; and I have considerable coin to spend on yoyos.

I think Sage was in there too.

I’d personally like to get Blue, Sage and Purple. Would like to make a “BAPE” Yeti with the Blue and Sage, and maybe sell the other “BAPE”. Ever since seeing the Yeti Maintenance video where Charles puts together a Blue/Sage Yeti I’ve wanted one like that.

The Rally and the Yeti do have a great surface for grinds. They are the rare exceptions to plastics and grinds.

Yea they can grind pretty well for a plastic.

I wonder what will happen to the Yeti’s on the used market? Might come down to “used” prices, given they don’t sell out right away.

May be able to pick a couple up to do my “Bape” version Yeti ;D

Although I heard that the black yetis had problems I had a black yeti and really didn’t like it, a lot of vibe, I know the clyw fanboys will be all mad but I much prefer my protostar when it comes to a plastic…

Maybe ill try a colored yeti or maybe a rally since I haven’t tried either of those but the yeti is one of the most overrated yoyos in my experience…

Only good thing is I quickly traded my black yeti for a custom rainbow powdercoated code 2! :slight_smile:

Yeah the Yeti was the yoyo that finally made me realize I don’t care about vibe. Kinda nice that way. Like someone once said, the pulse is like the heartbeat of the yoyo, letting you know it’s alive and has a soul.

If a yoyo doesn’t have vibe then what’s the point? lol

the only vibe that has ever bothered me was my northstar. I cant explain what really happened. Its pulsing just got to my head. It actively enraged me to the point I threw it against the tile floor as hard as I could.

Some vibe doesn’t bother me, but.if.I can see the yoyo or string moving quite a bit nd there is a lot of sleep loss time then its just not for me, which is ok its not for everyone. But being a huge fan of the chief I thought I would like it

It it’s affecting sleep time then I’m with you lol…

Shudders…