New trick concept: scrunchies

Hey y’all, the newest PopCast is about a new concept/mount called “Scrunchies”. I show the basic concept and talk about some of the ways it can be used as a mount, plus some other weird ways to use it. I even wrote a special theme song for it. I hope y’all enjoy it.

34 Likes

DocPop always has the coolest weird trick concepts.

6 Likes

Love this! Very cool concept and you’re getting some sweet towers!!

4 Likes

Anyone played with these concepts yet? I’d love to see what you come up with!

Here’s a vid from @EF.n.YOYO EF.n.YOYO on Instagram: "Hey folks! Hope y'alls weekend was proper. A lil #shorttricksunday Reverse GT using @docpop Scrunchy Mount concept. Thanks for watching and be good out there. 🪀: @onedropyoyos x @willprater The Wizard 🧵: @ziplinestrings ACCEL ⚓️ Team Captain #yoyoworkshop ⚓️ Team #YYWS ⚓️ Follow @ef.n.teamyyws #trickcircle ■■■■■■■■■■■ #yoyoing #olddognewtricks #todaysthrow #havingfun #weekendvibes #popcastyoyo #YoIPCrew #teamyyws #iminlovewiththeyoyo"

2 Likes

I have a little bit but I didn’t get a chance to watch the whole video yet. I immediately dropped my yoyo in a knot. I’ll finish the video and try some stuff later.

1 Like

Hey, Right on for the shout out, Doc. Been having hella fun with this. I think I might have something from the Sister Mount.

4 Likes

For some reason, my hands just don’t want to move the right way. I can finally do the basic scrunchie after a day and a half, but my 13-year-old got it after 3 tries…

I’m feeling the limits of my hands more and more these days.

1 Like

My gosh Doc!!! That song is pure EVIL!!!

because it’s so catchy?

I know the feeling. There’s a lot of muscle memory in yo-yoing, and it can be hard adding a new element when your body hasn’t gotten used to it yet. Once you get used to it, the move is super easy, but the first few times can be tricky.

2 Likes

Indeed. It insidiously creeps into the far corners of your mind only to leap out at you every time you turn your back. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like