New to yo-yo

Honestly the Vtwo with the Ds bearing is a godly setup.

I have a teal vtwo with the plat ds bearing, great for learning tricks but it may be my fav throw in general and that says alot cause I have a Overdrive Draupnir, but the better I get opinion may change, well see. :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

Vtwo ds setup amazing

1 Like

I’ve always been curious about the Overdrive Draupnir. It’s too big of a purchase for me to risk not liking the throw, but the quality looks incredible.

2 Likes

No matter how many yoyos you buy, I can promise you that you will still be using the VTWO lol (@zslane @sloangulliver)

2 Likes

I don’t consider the Banshee an upgrade from a VTWO. They are extremely similar, with the OG Banshee probably being the closest match of all the Banshees. I think it comes down to intangibles and preferences that are unique to each individual. Some folks will prefer the Banshee while others will prefer the VTWO. You really have to try them both yourself to discover which one you prefer.

4 Likes

Agreed :point_up:t4::point_up:t4:

1 Like

At this point in my journey I’d rather explore different shapes than slight variations of extremely similar throws. Helpful insight, thank you @zslane.

3 Likes

Like in honesty I’m thinking of buying another VTWO aha🙌🏽

2 Likes

I hear ya.

That’s why I advocate the Big Four from the One Drop brand:

• VTWO
  • Top Deck
  • Kuntosh 5000QV
  • Markmont Classic

Now, One Drop has a lot of great models, but these four provide the best combination of shape variety and performance, IMO.

6 Likes

There needs to be a #VTWOCLUB :raised_hands:t4: vtwo throwers only aha

3 Likes

Side question to thread; Have you thrown the One Drop Prescription? Every time I see it, I want it, but then they don’t have the color scheme I would want (ideally the pink scrubs, aka silver with pink splash).

For @BinyaminBroth: I just jumped in. I went to highspeedyoyo.com (while it was still active) and on my brother’s recommendation, looked at TenYoyo and CLYW. Then I opened all the reviews that they had available, and ordered my first throw; TenYoyo Decapod. Then I learned learned learned. Now, like many others have stated, I always suggest those just starting out to buy a super basic unresponsive.

For the price, I’m going to highly highly highly suggest the Yeti 2.0 Fool’s Gold edition over at Caribou Lodge. $5 + shipping gets you a pretty dang high quality throw. https://shop.clyw.ca/collections/fools-gold/products/fools-gold-yeti-2-0

2 Likes

No, I haven’t. The Prescription just isn’t my kind of yoyo, mostly due to two factors:

1. 46.3mm width
  2. It’s got some float paired with mid-weighting…” (according to the ad copy)
1 Like

This is great! I’d love to know your CLYW Big Four, 'cause man is it hard to tell which is which. So many models old and new.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t own any CLYW. For some reason they just don’t resonate with me. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes