New Titanium release from RSO - The TiRAMiSU 2!

From RSO: It has only been about half a year since the release of the D bearing TiRAMiSU, one of RSO’s most popular models ever. But, truth to be told, Paul Yath and I worked on the TiRAMiSU for almost a year before that.

For the TiRAMiSU, prototypes were made in C and D bearing versions. I tend to spend at least 6 months with a prototype before putting it into production. After extensive testing, we were still torn between both versions. We loved the C bearing prototype immensely. Although not as powerful as the D bearing prototype, it plays with a peculiar float and feels less aggressive. I would say that the C bearing version is a “decaf” dessert that you can enjoy on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Conversely, the D bearing version is a “pick me up” that you need in the day.

We made a few changes to the C bearing prototype and eventually arrived at the final TiRAMiSU 2. The most common feedback on the D bearing TiRAMiSU was that it was too narrow, with a width of 42 mm so the width of the TiRAMiSU 2 was increased to 44 mm. Overall, this decreased the rim weight of the yo-yo and amplified its floatiness, a characteristic that we wanted to bring out for the TiRAMiSU 2.

The other change we made was to the pad groove. The C bearing prototype had 19 mm Landing Pads installed, while the TiRAMiSU 2 is powered by CLYW / G-grip sized Landing Pads. The CLYW / G-grip Landing Pads are larger in diameter and give the yo-yo slightly more momentum and a longer spin time. I rarely use the CLYW / G-grip Landing Pads for titanium designs, save for the titanium Silver Bullet (SB-Ti) and now the TiRAMiSU 2. They are thicker than your regular 19mm pads, necessitating more material in the center of the yo-yo to accommodate them. As a result, there is less material to play with. Fortunately, there was enough material to accommodate these pads for TiRAMiSU 2, which was never designed to be a heavily rim weighted yo-yo.

The signature Crucial nutrition label was updated to reflect the changes in the specifications of the TiRAMiSU 2. ATILA, our long time collaborator, also drew a new TiRAMiSU waitress, inspired by Marilyn Monroe. Paul did the gorgeous denim bags, which come in a darker shade of blue.

Releasing Saturday 2/12 @ 8PM EST.

12 Likes

That looks so sweet!

1 Like

It is. In a library of exceptional releases from RSO and Crucial, this one stands out as notable. Worth every penny.

5 Likes

It has the most float out of any Ti I have thrown (mecha, TiHawk, tishee, gravity, mustang, tiramisu 1, Acadia, peak) and I think is on par with the floatiness of my B7. It’s something special.

6 Likes

I’ve thrown it a bit and agree that it is extremely floaty. And that’s coming from a guy who mostly throws organic stuff

3 Likes

Safe to assume available number is low?

1 Like

It also has Snowtires, it binds and regens at a high level as well.

5 Likes

I liked the new Tiramisu way better than the D-bearing version. I tried it before even reading what the differences were and the feel in play is just night and day. The original had that thud when it hit the end of the string and didn’t really move how I wanted it to, but the Tiramisu 2 has a lighter more agile feel I really enoyed form the first throw.

4 Likes

Incredible yoyo. For every reason you can think of: buy it.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how many units were sold? That was quick

1 Like

I think we had like 7 or 8.

3 Likes