New Slim-Line Yo-Yo - The Heshgod PETRI!

The first release from Brendan McGinnis, aka Heshgod, and his new company Heshgod Enterprises is a really fun new slim-line design - The Petri!

The Petri has been a few years in the making. What started as some doodling quickly turned into a reality as Brendan graduated college and started taking machining classes. Brendan has always identified with and found value in the DIY ethos of punk rock, hip hop and skateboarding (you might have seen him in the CLYW Beartrap video!) and right away he knew he wanted to design and manufacture the yo-yo himself so that’s exactly what he did!

The name pretty much says it all for the Petri inspiration. The large flat slim shape of the cups could easily be mistaken for a petri dish, use caution where you leave your yo-yo in the lab all you scientists out there. It has a slim profile that fits nicely in the pocket and a clean aesthetic that we absolutely love. The unforgiving nature of a slim-line yo-yo is so rewarding when you land a tough trick and extremely helpful for improving sloppy technique.

10 Likes

I’ve had one for just over 2 weeks now and it’s real fun! If you like unresponsive slimline YoYos then this is the one for you. Definitely keeps you on plane!

2 Likes

Definitely looks cool

1 Like

This thing is soooo fun, I played Nate’s unresponsive last club meet, if it wasn’t 70 dollars I would own 3.

5 Likes

lol I love this concept and I’m digging the look (✷‿✷)

2 Likes

:confused:

1 Like

would have pulled the trigger if it were heavier (sue me)

2 Likes

This looks amazing.

The weight feels just right since it’s such a narrow profile, not as light feeling as a typical 60g yo-yo.

1 Like