List of Slimlines?

Hey, Folks - picked up a Sliver sort of on a whim, and I love it. It’s got me looking into more “slimlines”. I’ve seen tons of recommendations out there for Alleycats and Deep States and Gamers, but I don’t often see anyone mentioning others like Slivers and Phidiases.

In short, anyone know where I could find a more comprehensive list of slimlines that are out there? I tried looking around a bit and didn’t notice anything, but maybe I just missed it. I’ve seen a few lists for other things like 0a yo-yos, etc., but nothing like that for slimlines.

Thanks in advance for any help! Happy Friday!

3 Likes

Kanto > all other slimlines

Thank me later :wink:

6 Likes

I don’t have a comprehensive list to link to but I can name a few that come to mind:
One Drop - Panorama
Doc Pop - Weekender

Do you have a context for what you consider slimlines? Some Yo-Yo’s are clearly in that category like the ones you listed, but others like the Panorama or the DD Kanto can fit in multiple areas.

3 Likes

I was just about to ask the same thing re: definitions. I think for me 38mm (Panorama) is pushing it, but still feels okay in a pocket, which is loosely where I draw the line between “slimline” and “full-size” or whatever the next step up is as far as width.

That said, my favorite slimline by my definition is the Recess Quiz. It’s 34mm wide. Works great for both responsive and unresponsive play. I have mine set up with a cleaned center trac and recessed flowable silicone, and it is one of my all-time favorite yoyos and setups.

4 Likes

Yyf monster is a little known slimline.

4 Likes

I’d rather have a broader definition than a more restrictive one, so thanks for the additions!

Panorama, diorama, gopa are some of my favorites right now.

2 Likes

Are you wanting a slimline 0a or a unresponsive slimline?

1 Like

For unresponsive I suggest Old School Throws, Resto. So good. The Ti Silver Bullet is also too fun to play with configurations on. responsive and unresponsive.

What is the cut line to be considered “Slim Line”. I guess I didn’t put Panorama there.

El MiJo by ZeroGravity is a great slim line and you can set it as fixed, responsive and unresponsive.

9 Likes

A few uncommon ones are:

Reticulated return tops Asp
Huatian Rotor
yoyorecreation Impact
Freshthings Double or nothing
Turning Point Kerbero

3 Likes

No one has mentioned the Markmont Black Canon.

If you want ultimate Bi-Metal performance than the Black Belt by I Love YoYo is top tier

There is also the new Bi-Metal Bumblebee

9 Likes

The Impact is a great yo-yo. Deserves more praise for sure. Points for uniqueness

1 Like

Shuriken Senban, but shuriken said they (probably) were never going to do another drop. :frowning_face: (Thank evolution I got one)

3 Likes

This one looks super cool - I was actually looking for reviews to find out more about it - glad you mentioned it!

1 Like

It’s great dude. It is heavy but it plays really smooth extremely responsive responsive while at the same time it allows you to get away with insane string tricks you wouldn’t be able to pull off on a typical responsive yo-yo. My friends that have tried it seem to favor it above all my other modern responsives

I liked it enough that I ordered a second one a month later. The price is right

Kanto for unresponsive. Probably weekender for responsive. RBC for fixed play

2 Likes

Theodore or spyy Flying V are great if you can find one. Deeperstate can be set up for either style of play

2 Likes

Anyone have thoughts on the new bumblebee?

2 Likes

I’ve been playing mine responsive and it’s fine. A little on the heavy side.

2 Likes