Anyone tried a Petri?

Just wondering if anyone has tried one? I really like the minimalist look and slimline style.

2 Likes

I tried one at Worlds! It was cool to look at and fun to playā€¦ really big in diameter though! Itā€™s definitely the biggest slimline Iā€™ve played.

3 Likes

Itā€™s so fun, I tried it Unresponsive (idk if it is supposed to be or not) and it is a blast, I canā€™t compare it to anything really.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a really fun yoyo. You have to be on your A game when doing your tricks, but very rewarding when you hit some long combos with it. A great throw to add to your rotation if you find yourself getting bored with standard shape yoyos.

3 Likes

Anyone have the specs on it? Just how big is the diameter?

2 Likes

Diameter-63.25
Width- 27.95
Weight- 60.5
From Heshgods Instagram post

5 Likes

The most fun Iā€™ve had with a yoyo in a long time. And thatā€™s saying something as Iā€™ve tried and owned a LOT of yoyos through the years. It has an old school feel with a new school style that makes it super unique. Itā€™s simplicity just makes landing tricks more fun and it feels absolutely amazing and smooth.
Highly recommend.

7 Likes

Wow, didnā€™t realise the diameter was so big, and just over an inch wide!

I bet black hops would be satisfying!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Looks like a great yoyo I would love to try! I can imagine 90% of the posters on this forum pronouncing it ā€œpee-treeā€ though which is stupid.

2 Likes

Doc Pop calls it the ā€œpee-treeā€ dish. Is he stupid?

2 Likes

Also thisā€¦

Merriam-Webster pronounces it ā€œpee-treeā€ā€¦so I guess I donā€™t get why the 90% are stupid. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I tried it. Wasnt my cup of tea. Granted i only had a couple throws and the string was completely messed up so maybe if i had another chance id come around.

3 Likes

man, I hate when I try someoneā€™s yoyo and itā€™s some old string that they never replaced

4 Likes

Yeah it was really really bad string haha. The string was super old that it just completely went wack with tension even after i adjusted it.

3 Likes

Whenever I have someone try my yoyo I always say ā€œhere, but use your own stringā€ mostly because I donā€™t want my string getting gnarly from other peopleā€™s hands

3 Likes

This was pretty much my experience with every throw I tried at WYYC! Not sure if Airetics have just spoiled me or if retailers just put on the worst strings possible to demo. Seems to me youā€™d want to put on a nice string that best suits the yo-yo and will make people want to buy the yo-yo.

Edit: did you put Airetics on the diffraction testers at WYYC since they came packaged with them? Honestly canā€™t rememberā€¦

3 Likes

I agree haha

1 Like

I didnā€™t set up the testers, the other Mark did it. Probably didnā€™t use airetics though.

2 Likes

Not to mention, when asked what this yoyo is made out of, 90% of forum posters would say ā€œuh-loom-ehn-uhmā€ :face_with_raised_eyebrow::wink:

3 Likes