New release from YoYoFactory - The Nate Dailey DAMAGE!

From YoYoFactory: Nate Dailey is currently ranked #4 in the World and has been top #3 at USA Nationals for a number of years. He’s also the nicest guy you will meet and a great role model and ambassador. We are excited to introduce his latest Signature Yo-Yo, the DAMAGE.

Constructed of 6061 Alloy with a DEL-RING to reduce string friction, the Damage also features a composite rim delivering a big fat rim, speed, and a balance we hope players will recognize as delivering some of the best performance available.

17 Likes

This looks darned good! A bit larger than my usual preferences and it’s really difficult to not reach over for my debit card. The blue with golden rings looks awesome and so does the engraving.

7 Likes

For Sale: Near Mint Damage yoyo!

…okay wait, how damaged is it? And how can it be near mint if it’s damaged! SCAM!!!

6 Likes

Maybe I’m weird but the colorways are off-putting to me. Previous ND models have been great players so im sure this will be, just don’t know if I can get over the odd 2 tones.

5 Likes

no, you’re not alone, the original ND was such a clean design. This new model kinda looks tacky, I like the shape, but yea these colors and engravings ain’t for me.

4 Likes

I think the colors go well with the kind of cartoonish engraving font and lightning bolt. Paired with the bold contrasting colors makes it feel like a classic toy, I really like the Blue/Gold personally.

6 Likes

If you want the opposite, the clear/red looks pretty classy.

2 Likes

Different strokes, but nothing wrong with that!

2 Likes

Same , nd was a piece of art ! Shape and colors was awesome, this yo-yo looks like a toy … if yo-yo factory wanted to damage… congratulations they K.O ND series

2 Likes

After enjoying The :fire: Flame I think anything YoyoFactory puts out with the DEL-RING is awesome.

5 Likes

Noted.
If a mono-toned, neutral Delrin colored yo-yo was available would you be more interested?

5 Likes

A delrin ND would be an exciting prospect. To be fair im not opposed to color, well aside from aqua which is only due to being around for so long and having so much aqua over the years.

3 Likes

I mean… it is literally a toy :rofl:. I understand what you mean though. I think the bold colors are a bit of a departure from the I-take-myself-seriously color schemes from previous models. But oooh that silver and red looks elegant!

9 Likes

“…the Damage also features a composite rim delivering a big fat rim”

Not only is this redundant and awkward, it’s not very informative. Could we have some clarity on this?

3 Likes

I really like the BiND and ND so I’ll probably get this at some point but I’ll be waiting for more colorways to come out. These just look a tad garish to me. Different strokes and all that; these just don’t do it for me.

2 Likes

This DEL-RING thing is something of a trend now! Does it really help that much in reducing string friction during play / tricks?

2 Likes

Testing showed it reduces friction 8.9% compared to blasted aluminum. Every little edge counts in a competition.

(Edit: Just so we’re clear, I made that up. But it must reduce friction somewhat! :man_shrugging:)

12 Likes

Sure fooled me… I was ready to buy one looking for that 8.9% upgrade…

8 Likes

Yeah I like the playful look, it reminds me of the type of yoyos you’d pick up in the late 90s early 2000s, or at least that’s the vibe I get.

2 Likes

I have both the flame and the damage, my subjective experience is that the delrin seems to reduce friction this is most apparent when I do finger grinds or tilt the yoyo. The delrin rings on the damage are nice for talon grinds, especially if I do the grind on my finger nails. They are both serious performers, very smooth and stable and feel great on the string. I think the del-ring is a worthwhile innovation.

7 Likes