New release from PDX-YO - The Swamp Monster!

SwampMonster-Header

PDX-YO is a new yo-yo brand based in the Portland, Oregon. This is their first release here at YoyoExpert - The Swamp Monster!

Starting out as a community collaboration project in 2018, PDX-YO’s first production design - The Swamp Monster - was so well received in the prototype stages that PDX-YO was formed to bring it to market. This mono-metal design features a unique angular profile with a spike hub that’s perfect for matador style tricks or pull starts. It has a fast powerful feel in play and an absolutely stunning look!

Releasing Friday 9/20 @ 8PM EDT.

12 Likes

Welp…

7 Likes

I reallly like this Swamp Monster! So much that I bought the EDC black version as well!

4 Likes

So, I need this. Someone give me some tips on how to score one. Is there an app you suggest to load my credit card info etc faster…?

1 Like

whats the difference between regular and edc? I couldn’t find one

Nothing but a nice black finish and very small PDX-Yo logo. I just probably won’t carry the Copper Acid finish outside for fear of damaging it. It is probably the coolest finish I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Damn right it’s the best finish ever. Between the Swamp Monster acid splash and the MK1 fade it’s clear that the larger companies gotta get their acts together… how do these small boutique brands have the best finishes in the game? Show me a better fade than the MK1 • Diffraction 2! Show me a better looking splash than the PDX-YO Swamp Monster! Now, in this thread let’s see better.

7 Likes

The Akita fade looks similar to the diffraction. I have not seen the diffraction in person but the photos are nice. The Swamp Monster is special!

7 Likes

I honestly don’t like this color way at all. It just looks kind of gross to me. As do most acid washed and splashed. And the darker colored ones are usually worse.

2 Likes

Not likening it is one thing. But look at the nuances and details of the coloring. The nooks and crannies. It’s like a fine patina on copper. Breath it in, let it into your heart. Can you admit it’s special and different from every other splash? It’s more than just a splash it’s like falling into a pool of marshmallows while your drunk and wearing an elaborate turquoise necklace with matching crown, your holding a champagne glass filled to the bring but you don’t spill a drop. When you land you then sip the champagne slowly and let out a glorious, ahhhhh.

5 Likes

If it were a galaxy colorway in this pattern I’d probably dig it

The Swamp Monster and Batsquatch have really made me interested in PDX in a big way

3 Likes

Yeah both releases are very good. I recommend them.

3 Likes

I’m able to put the Swamp Moster in my cart from my phone already even though drop time is tonight. The cart is prompting me to check out.

3 Likes

Oops, shouldn’t be able to do that… Problem fixed, thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Really proud of the pdx-yo crew for pulling this off!

5 Likes

And there up.

Gone by 8:09

I snagged 1. Good for PDX-YO but in my opinion they had already “arrived”

6 Likes

:pray:

9 Likes