New release from iYoYo - The iMPACT!

This is the iMPACT. 7075 aluminum with beautifully polished Stainless Steel Rims and a smooth stepped H-Shape profile.

Everything about the iMPACT feels so high performance and competition geared. The thick steel rings div it an incredible power in play with plenty of speed and spin time for any combo you can throw at it. It has a really polished feel, iYoYo ran through many prototypes before finalizing their latest design and the finesse really shows!

Equipped with a Pixel Bearing & iRiNGS Response Pads and finished off with iconic artwork by UNKNOWNS’s Bryan Figueroa.

Midnight release: Wednesday 2/27 @ 11:59PM EST!

10 Likes

Wow it looks really good and it reminds me of the clyw wish but flared out and wider

1 Like

The purple and gold looks so good.

1 Like

Any feedback on this throw? I’m intrigued but I can’t find any reviews.

I like everything about it except its gap width. Anything wider than 4.56mm and I stay away.

Curious why this is? Is it because of the binds? Aren’t the shape of the gap, type of pad, type, type of bearing, finish of the yoyo, string used and other factors involved in determining the “responsiveness” of that yoyo when binding?

2 Likes

The main factors are gap width, string thickness, and pad softness (grippiness). Even with soft, grippy pads, if the gap is too wide binds are slippier than I care for. Moreover, the strings I like most are not always thick enough to compensate for wide gaps. I like high spin velocity and snappy binds, so narrow-to-medium gaps and soft pads are what I prefer.

1 Like