New release from General Yo! The ROYAL 1!

General Yo has been revisiting some of their crowd favorite classic designs recently, but now it’s time for something new - This is the Royal 1!

The Royal 1 is a combination of everything that General Yo owner Ernie likes best out of all the designs he has made. He looked at all the specs and design traits of previous models and took a little inspiration from each to create something completely new. It has a profile inspired by the KLR, cup inspired by the Majesty, and weight distribution inspired by the M10. It has a high performance feel with some serious power behind each throw and enough stability to get through your longest combos.

It has a little something for players of any skill level and the slightly compact design makes it an ideal choice for your new daily carry throw.

Releasing Saturday 3/6 @ 8PM EST.

12 Likes

One of the Best yoyos you prolly haven’t thrown, yet.

5 Likes

Everyone always says how good this brand is but for me I think they look tacky… so I just won’t give em a try… colors are usually solids with some basic text on it… idk I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. No hate just putting it out there

1 Like

I do agree that it’s a bit dated at this point. At the same time though I respect that they are still doing things the way they always have. I might pick up a clear if they have an unengraved version.

1 Like

Is there a problem with the listing, or is it on my end trying to load the page?

1 Like

Try again! :blush:

1 Like

If you’re a fan of the KLR or heavier yoyos, you’ll like this one. Wouldn’t exactly call this a “new design” since it’s pretty much just a slightly tweaked KLR, but it’s a super solid, mega smooth throw. After this, I’d personally love to see some lighter, full sized yoyos in the future from General Yo.

5 Likes

Couldn’t resist a Two Tone Blue Bad A$$ Edition.

2 Likes

Looks good now! Thank you!

Actually, you are incorrect. ‘Everyone’ doesn’t say how good this brand is. Because if ‘everyone’ did, you would be part of everyone, wouldn’t you?

When Ernie started making yo-yos over 12 years ago, he just wanted to build something to his specs that wasn’t readily available. Ernie spent years as a machinist/designer/prototype developer for Military and Aerospace companies. He is a perfectionist and that worked well for him in his occupation where only the highest performance and quality were acceptable.

When Generalyo released his first design, people knew he was a Badd A$$. As the years have slowly rolled into the past, Generalyos’ designs have followed ‘his personal design evolution’.
Ernie doesn’t try to copy other Makers. His focus is less on candy sweet colorways and more about yo-yos that: have a great fine blast finish, are very smooth, have excellent weight distribution, moving the shapes around for variety and being excellent values for what you get.

Ernie has less concern about the visual aspect and spends more quality time making yo-yos that people love to throw.

We all have our own opinions and you are certainly entitled to yours in regard to dismissing the quality of the yo-yos because you don’t care for the looks🤔

…No hate… just putting it out there😉

6 Likes