General Yo Model 10: A High Speed YoYo Review

General Yo has been on a roll lately. Ernie took the company in a new direction starting with the KLR, a more performance oriented yo-yo. It retained some of the rounded accents that have been a hallmark of the Gen-Yo design since the introduction of the original Torrent while it added wider catch zones, removed IGRs, focused higher rim weighting, and pushed towards competition play. Then in December of last year Ernie went back to the KLR design tinkered the ever-loving heck out of it and released the Majesty, which much like Nigel Tufnel, cranked it to eleven. Now it looks like General Yo is set to change again with their latest release, the Model 10. The Model 10 is the second time that General Yo has completely stepping away from curves. The first was the Entheos, a yo-yo that I like but I have found has gotten a little lost in the General Yo catalogue. The Model 10 looks great on paper, lets see if this full sized player is a great start for a new chapter General Yo history or ends up just being a foot note.

Click to continue reading the review.

Wonderful and thorough review! I couldn’t agree more with what you said about it.

So floaty and awesome :slight_smile:

Hey, I made a “This is Spinal Tap” reference earlier tonight, too. :wink: Yo minds think alike?

Great review. As if I didn’t already want one badly enough…

God, it’s so beautiful…