New release from CLYW - The BEAR TRAP!

I was initially excited but looking at the specs it just doesn’t do it for me. Wouldn’t give it a second look if not for the metal caps. But I haven’t played it.

2 Likes

I’ve only had a few minutes with mine, but it feels more like a classic CLYW than any other recent release of theirs. Its weight distribution is pretty unique feeling in my experience, and trying different grind/spin tricks with that hole in the cap is fun.

3 Likes

I passed on it when I played one at WYYC. While it was novel, it just didn’t quite do it for me and I felt I’d grow tired of the fingerspin hole pretty quickly.

3 Likes

What can I say? I’m easily amused :wink:

I’ve been fairly critical of recent CLYW throws, I’ve tried all of them except the Akita, this one somehow feels much more like an older CLYW to me.

4 Likes

I have them all, and agree; it does. It’s a little gimmicky but novel. I’m glad they made it.

Is the hole really a ‘fingerspin hole’?

4 Likes

I’m not the only one to comment on this, but how the hell did they machine this???

This is how I felt.

1 Like

Caps are press fit

Hmmm, okay. I wonder if they pressed it before anodizing. That would explain it.
Thanks for the reply. I have seen @YoYoExpertGarrett 's comment now.

1 Like
5 Likes

I wouldn’t say the Akita feels like classic CLYW, but it is a very nice throw. I get a surprising amount of control out of that thing - it somehow finds its way through formations pretty easily despite the width.

As for the Bear Trap, I agree. Feels like an older CLYW. Laid back, but still performs very well. It’s been my go-to for about a week now. I appreciate the relatively “small” size compared to most things that have come out recently.

3 Likes

I am definitely going to pick one of these up, they look like a lot of fun and most people have said it’s like the older CLYW which I prefer. I think I’ll hold off for a second run and hope they do a Hulk Smash colour-way.

4 Likes

Just noticed they’ve got more in stock again…all colors but gold are in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but where are the new Recogs at? Gotta get that Shamrock Green.

3 Likes