New release from C3 - The WINDOUNDARY!

The latest release from C3yoyodesign is built for 2018 5A China national champion Jacob Cheng Hongye - The Windoundary!

As a top 5A competitor in the world, Jacob needs a top performance throw to bring to the stage. In 2019 Jacob used the Laevateinn in competition as he prefers wider sharp yoyos with a powerful spin. This was the starting point for his signature model - C3 combined the shape of the Laevateinn and the extra wide size of the Galaxy diver to create the Windoundary!

The wide angular design makes landing risky tricks and 5A catches a breeze while the multi-step profile makes for a comfortable feeling in the hand. They fine tuned the weight distribution to make it fit for 1A and 5A and installed a 12mm long axle to improve durability for those inevitable 5A drops.

Online now!

7 Likes

If they actually paid somebody to come up with that name, I think they should take them to court and get their dollar back.

Logic would dictate that Has to mean something.

But then again a logical person with any marketing sense would not choose that as the name of a yo-yo.

My view has absolutely nothing to do with the madd skills of the player or the performance of the yo-yo.

But I would sure like to know what the name means/stands for?

8 Likes

The name Windoundary is a combination of the words “Wind” and "Boundary ," an English version of a Chinese word meaning the edge of the wind. Whether it’s during an online freestyle or cutting through the wind outside, this yo-yo got its name from Jacob’s phenomenal playstyle.

10 Likes

Honestly… they should have just left in the ‘B’.

Windboundary.

Windboundary has a scientific application. The word is used to describe various classifications of wind/related/weather conditions.

I found this> Description

Team C3 Jacob Cheng Hongye Signature YoYo. Jacob is a 5A China national champion. Jacob’s is not afraid of windy weather and outdoor filming. The Windoundary has the profile of the Remaster Galaxy with over 50mm of width and 56mm of diameter. It has a high degree of control and responsiveness with a snappy feel.

But… their yo-yo, their name…

Looks sweet and that price is even sweeter.

At that price, they could have named it the BuyMeNow.:nerd_face:

PS… it sure beats Sharks Honor……lol (another translation oddity).

I was a diver for decades. I never met an honorable shark. Most of them should be considered to have a high potential for unsportsmanlike conduct.

6 Likes

I would have named it the WindSlayer :nerd_face:

Now…… that’s a name🙀

8 Likes

I think a lot of yo-yos would sell much better if they chose different names.

2 Likes

Not mocking the actual name or yoyo, but…Wind Breaker has a nice ring, too. [insert appropriate emoji here]

5 Likes

I like the name actually. I want to buy one just so I can windoun with it at the end of a hard day of work.

Ivan

4 Likes

Yeah, names get a little odd when you translate from non-english speaking countries, it’s always been like this though. The first time I heard the name YYJ Speed Maker it made me chuckle a bit and there’s been dozens since then.

Windoundary, regardless of the name, is a verrrry nice yoyo though. And i’m not usually a huge fan of extra wide throws.

5 Likes

I went to bed right after reading this post last night. For some reason, this is what came to mind this morning: we need our own cows… wi nd oun dairy.

1 Like

If you spell it weird or use made up words isn’t it easier to trademark/register or whatever the correct term is? I suppose that could be seen as one benefit to the odd naming.

On a different note I got one of these in the mail today. I’ve been so pleased with c3yoyo thus far and this one is no different.

3 Likes