New One Drop VTWO! 8/20 @ 10AM EDT!

VTWO:

Hi there! Vilmos here. I couldn’t be more happy and proud to introduce the VTWO. It took us two years and two summer trips to Eugene to see it to its completion. The VTWO, continues the line of the Vilmos Zoltan Kiss signature series. As with the Valor, I was dedicated to be as personally involved in the design process as the first time.

one-drop-vtwo

The Valor was designed to excel in competition yo-yoing and it hit the mark based on the feedback we received. For the VTWO, I wanted to raise the bar even higher in terms of performance, quality and making sure that the design was distinct and iconic. I love straight lines, flat surfaces and minimalistic design so the V-shape was a no brainer. Using the advantages of 7075 aluminum we were able to make the body ultra thin and maximize the rim weight for more power, more performance. The wide open catch zone is great for maximum control and easy maneuverability. The surface is bead blasted to elevate the design and performance.

one-drop-vtwo-1

To keep it simple and elegant I aimed for a flat hub and decided to go with two grooves in the catch zone to complete the design and give a nod to the Valor’s “Triple Grooves” feature. To further my personal journey in making the VTWO I wanted the art to stand out as much as the yo-yo. To achieve this we collaborated with Portland based comic book artist and writer Leila del Duca.

Releasing 8/20 @ 10AM EDT!

5 Likes

Yes, pretty excited for this One (to) Drop.

2 Likes

This sort of chunky rimmed V reminds me of old-school throws like the Genesis

2 Likes

The description says the art for the yoyo was done by an artist. All I see are solid normal colors? More added on drop day?

1 Like

I think they meant the logo on the box - it’s the art with the two hands.

2 Likes

The box artwork is that Zoltan hand gesture from Dude Where’s My Car, but with a yo-yo in one of the hands lol. I’ll try to get a picture later today if I have time.

2 Likes

It’s on the store page, here:

vtwo

2 Likes

Oh yeah haha I forgot I added that. Well, there ya go. Hail Zoltan!

4 Likes

I’m curious where the Aqua blue model is, like the one @Tvelto reviewed. I just love that shade of blue!

Or is he reviewing the normal blue model but it just looks like aqua blue in the intense lighting in his room?

2 Likes

I remember when he first started yoyoing and joined the forums a few years back. Left the yoyoing scene for a bit, came back and saw he had 3K subs :open_mouth:

Man was obsessed with Magicyoyo. Guess he still kinda is haha

1 Like

I resisted this because it had such an old-school design vibe… but I finally relented and I have to admit, this is a great One Drop.

Plays like a bimetal, massive rim weight.

6 Likes

I got one not that long ago, it’s a b grade because they didn’t like the finish. I have grown to love it and it does play amazingly.20190309_185839

4 Likes

I feel the VTWO is the best monometal to fly under everyone’s radar since its release. I suspect people look at it and dismiss it as just another V-shaped throw.

4 Likes

I still dislike the aesthetics of it, but I can’t deny it’s one of the better One Drops and pretty much every One Drop is quite good to start with.

2 Likes

Tried one and I liked it alot, but not necessary in love with it, and it wasn’t that distinct from my current throws, so I didn’t pull the trigger :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just bought myself a second one for a backup haha.

The VTWO is one of my absolute favorites. Anyone who hasn’t tried one is missing out IMO

3 Likes

VTWO is awesome. Glad you joined the club @codinghorror.

2 Likes

Yeah - it really surprised me. The Valor was honestly one of my all time favorite One Drop yo-yos (still I think Valor was one of their best competition performance yo-yos). My initial ‘guess’ of how the VTWO would play was very different from how it actually ended up playing. It’s a great yo-yo indeed! Glad you gave it a shot!

4 Likes