New Ghoul Counterweight Colors

The next batch of Ghouls are done and ready to go! This time there are 3 different colors to choose from; Manganese Blue, Limeade Green, & Poppy Red. Each one is topped with a coat of glossy, opaque black that makes the transition between the solid black and translucent colors look phenomenal. They are dark, creepy, vivid, and colorful. All 3 colors are ready to go, but just in case there’s a color that you personally want, I do offer customs, just reach out by pm.

Available now for $25 with free shipping in the U.S. PM for orders

18 Likes

If only I could throw 5A, those counterweights look fantastic!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever need any advice or tips on 5a. Have you tried any other flow toys that use counterweights like poi or astrojax?

2 Likes

I used to have astrojax as a kid, and I have a few counterweights but I have difficulty holding onto the weight with my ring finger and pinky and it makes it slip out of my hand really easily.

I tried using one of those finger trainers to get my pinky and ring finger to be stronger on my throw hand, but the grip never seemed to improve.

1 Like

The colors are fantastic !!! Very well made !!!

1 Like

Have you seen the most current astrojax models, there much bigger than when they first came out. A lot easier to handle for sure.

Another thing you can try is trying to catch with more of your palm and kinda cupping the counterweight. Sometimes that works a bit better but it does take a long time to feel natural with counterweights when switching over. The more flow toys with counterweight the easier it starts to get.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. It took years of trying out different methods to finally get it down just right.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot!

1 Like

Definitely let me know how it goes :blush:

1 Like

Wow, those are stellar!

Right up my alley, too. Really wishing the months fun money wasn’t gone lol.

Are they glass…? Maybe acrylic of some kind? Or is that classified information?

In any case, those are by far the coolest counter weights I’ve ever seen. Well done!

1 Like

Hey thank you so much my friend, I really aporeciate that. These guys are made out of a transparent SLA resin then i use a couple different styles of paint mediums dependent on what which ones im doing, and then everything gets clear coated to protect it.

1 Like

Very, very cool! I was totally expecting the answer to be of the super secret variety, and not publicly permissible. Not that I’m disappointed in any way; resin makes so much more sense than glass or acrylic.

I wouldn’t have even thought to ask if “Boutique counter-weights” were even a thing, and these definitely leave a lasting impression!

1 Like

These are very cool. How much do they weigh?

1 Like

I get that a lot lol, but resin definitely works best in my opinion. But no secret recipe, just trial and error with a lot of different types of resins and lacquers. I hope more boutique counterweights come out though and hopefully with it more interest in 5a.

Thank you so much! Average weight is 11.6 grams.

1 Like

Just added some new pictures of the weights on display with one my favorite throws, The Atlas from Throwback x YoYoFactory

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.