New Evan Nagao Signature string – Yoyostringlab Plutonium!

if i understand correctly, plutonium are slightly thicker

Ammo is the thickest for sure. Plutonium is the happy medium between ammo and regular-sized Type X. Venom is just slightly thicker than Type X, slightly.

6 Likes

Thank goodness, I thought my ability to feel string thickness started to fail me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Marm hank goodness, I thought my ability to feel string thickness started to fail me :sweat_smile:

Use your instincts. Feel, don’t think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 was kind enough to send me some plutonium. He gave me some white string and it plays really great. I think die on the string like with the ann connoly signature edition makes the string throw slower because of friction from the die. On the other hand I like to play outside, and you can do all your whips in the wind. The string comes really thick I recommend stretching it hard until it doesn’t stretch anymore and then cutting it to length, unless you want a really super thick string. That said I recommend using it with yoyo’s with larger gap widths.

Best part is the torsion resistance! You can throw and throw and throw and throw and it won’t rap a million times on you like a kitty string will. It will even maintain integrity when you really do need to adjust the string tensions.

Again there is some friction, much less with the white color is what I’m guessing.

PS: you will not stretch the string by just throwing it, you have to do it with your hands.

3 Likes

anyone know what yoyo(s) ann connoly uses with plutonium?

1 Like

Idk exactly know but she uses most yoyofactory yoyos

I tried some of the Ann Connolly night life, really soft for poly (I’m guessing that’s what they are) and seem to have a unique wind.
Not quite as much “bounce” as some strings I’ve used - maybe I should revisit them though as I’ve gotten quite a bit better since I originally gave them a try.

2 Likes