New DV888 too responsive

From what I understand the newer Dv888 yoyos come responsive. If you want it to play unresponsive you not only need to have a full sized c bearing, but you need a longer axle and changing to slim pads probably couldn’t hurt as well as opposed to the broad ones that it comes with. I believe yoyoexpert carries an upgrade kit for this.

I too noticed that the DV888 is ultra responsive. I was thinking about putting slim pads in to reduce the responsiveness.

For obvious man and woman; YES I know it’s a responsive throw. But isn’t tuning a large part of the yoyo experience?

The New DV888s are designed to be completely responsive, great for beginners looking for a more solid feeling metal throw.

If you’re looking for upgraded unresponsive performance, then the DV888 Starter Set is what you want.  For only $5 more, you get everything you need to make the DV888 unresponsive (SPEC Bearing, Longer Axle, and Slim Pads) PLUS a multi tool, 5 pack of string, and the YYF Learn DVD.

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1290/YYF-DV888-Starter-Set

I upgraded my DV888 with slim pads and a better bearing. It still has the tendency to come whipping back at you. Not to mention it has a cheap feel, weird weight distribution, and not a comfortable shape for my hands. Needless to say, this is probably my least favorite throw. I would never recommend this yoyo to anyone. You can get a way better MYY for half the price. Or spend a few more $ and get a Cypher. Both of which will out perform the DV888 any day of the week.

I had actually bought a DV888 during the holidays on a whim, saw them at a local sporting goods store. Should have realized that anything I find in a big box store will most likely be set up for a beginner but ignored that when I did my first throw and got smacked in the knuckles. I saw that it came with a slim bearing so I quickly swapped it. The response pads though are actually thick and stick out some. I’ll either just keep messing with it to break in the pads or remove them and do my own silicone response.

They install thicker pads to make the DV888 more responsive for beginners. Just pick up some standard 19mm slim pads or use flowable, those thick pads aren’t really going to break in.

Yup, that’s the plan. Coincidentally I bought some flowable silicone for my car (small windshield leak from some rain we had…yup, rain in CA…a rare moment these days). Will give that a whirl as soon as I can put my Dingo or my Werrd Minute down.