NEW DUNCANS TO BE RELEASED

I just got an email from Brandon Jackson over at duncan and apparently they are currently in production of a new series of yoyos. these models will be in the 40$ range and will play just as good as the Screaming Eagle models, and as unresponsive. The models will also us a new silicone groove pad similar to what many high end yoyos are using now. They intend on releasing the production version of the Raptor soon, very soon.

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/yo-yo/cabinet/duncan/img56900851.jpg

I have been driving myself nuts over this throw!!! I want to get my hands on a Purple Raptor in the worst way. I have heard nothing but great things on this YoYo.

They actually look wicked sick. I was never a fan of the Duncan metals, but these look pretty cool

It’s no wonder the metal drifter is only 20; these babies look amazing. What kind of bearing do they use?

Wow. I want a Green one.

C Sized

Any idea on a release date?

Last I heard was mid November or possibly later. I hope its sooner than later.

*edit

Almost feels like they are following the same pattern as the Hitman Pro :smiley:

1 Like

I threw it at worlds, its legit. Also, the guts are a HUGEEEEEEE step forward for duncan. Did I say it was huge?

Awesome thanks ;D
Something to look forward to.

I can’t wait for the Raptor and the Freebird. I have recently fell in love with Duncan’s throws and can’t put them down. I’m definitely getting either a gold or army green Raptor. Also, thanks XminusmikeX for a idea of when they are going to be released. I just hope the bearing comes pre-cleaned. :slight_smile:

Raptor looks so legit

once they come out can someone post a review??? Still not so sure about Duncan

Why? Duncan is like the best company. They made the yoyo popular and have a nice yoyo called the Mayhem, and they are just super nice guys and have some great modders and good people.

IDK if I should just edit my earlier post,but anyways, my question is, if they come to yoyoxpert will it be a one time thing, or will they be restocked? I’m hoping for restocked. :slight_smile:

i think i might actually get this yoyo
nothing against duncan i just can stand stickers but since it looks like they’ve moved to pads this is def a yoyo i want

Thanks for posting my pics of my Red Raptor…
Duncan makes legit throws whether your for them or against.
Honestly the move to the sili-pad groove instead of pad recess isn’t any better. Its always preference.
The Raptors will in packaging similar to the Duncan Metal drifters and will come with a lubed bearing.

~Z

i hung out with duncan last night in chicago and i must tell you. the raptor is amazing. it felt light on the throw but still had a nice solid feeling with play… LOVE IT. and i tried out one of hanks freebirds, AMAZING

I own a red one. My gf got it for me while she was in Asia. I assume they sold it in the Asian contests.

I’ll tell you 2 things:

• best budget priced throw; blows some $100+ throws out of the water
  • invest in some thin YYJ shims; I found the gap to be a bit narrow but shims on both sides makes it a beast

Oh and playing with or without caps make a difference. I prefer caps off, because it seems to glide faster through air. But caps make it feel more solid.

1 Like