New Duncan FREEHAND ONE AL & Fingerspin Caps!

Will do. FH AL is in the USPS system right now.

2 Likes

Success.

Only thing is I incurred a little damage from the caps coming off. I may have had everything at a slight angle when I pumped air, so that may be the cause.(see inside cups below)
I disassembled the throw, stuck one half in a slot for my Yoyo case, closed(but not zipped) the case and then pumped. I did it outside and even with the lid down on the case, it was pretty loud.

I had a hell of a time getting the Fingerspin caps on all the way. Trying to apply pressure to something you don’t want to damage is an interesting task😉.

9 Likes

Any vibe now?

3 Likes

I’m also curious if Duncan performance rings would fit. They seem to be the same diameter as the caps. But swapping caps for rings may make the yoyo too light?

1 Like

No noticeable vibe. But I’m not crazy anal about vibe- so not enough for me to notice.

1 Like

I think so. They appear to be the same size.

They might increase spin time, as the mass would be pushed to the edge.

Theoretically.

3 Likes

Right. But overall weight would also be less, no? I’m just wondering how that would impact spin time/speed and stability.

2 Likes

Caps turned out to be heavier.

5.24g

6.32g

Little more than a gram heavier with caps. But that weight is spread flat.

I still think it would have more spin time with the rings, even though they are lighter, since it would be rim weighted.

4 Likes

So while the current run of FH AL caps can be removed, the original run ones can’t, at least not with the air pressure method. I’m guessing that the current run caps are just press-fit in, while the original run caps are glued in. Just a word of warning to anyone who might be thinking of replacing the caps on their original run FH AL.

5 Likes