New CLYW Counterweight - The LOG

From CLYW: When it came time to finally produce our own counterweight, we knew we wanted it to be made of wood. Because it looks good, it feels good, and it’s just exactly the sort of counterweight we wanted.

The Log is not for competing, although you could use it that way if you really wanted to. The Log is meant to be fished out of your pocket in a hotel parking lot after a contest, quickly stuffed into the slip knot on your string, and used to try and learn that weird new trick from a friend you just made. Made of white oak.

Releasing with the Otter Tonight: 4/15 @ 10PM EDT.

4 Likes

Looks perfect for wood fixed-axle 5A play.

I would be sorely tempted to stain and varnish it.

2 Likes

The ROI on these has got to be insane. :joy:

5 Likes

They’re made in USA so that brings cost up a bit. I’m not really a 5A player so I can’t speak to their play much, but it felt nice with the few 5A tricks I know.

3 Likes

looks like an upgrade from Ren & Stimpy’s first attempt

9 Likes

Yes! Someone just pointed that out to me on discord haha. Kicking myself for not doing a Ren and Stimpy themed graphic now…

3 Likes

looks like blammo got hella deep into LOG territory… YYE & CLYW taking the reigns…

4 Likes

I’ll chime in here as a player with some 5a experience in my book.
I got to play one of these a while back and I was skeptical since it seemed to be a simple piece of wood and visually I worried would be too sharp.

Turns out it played awesomely and had a very chill feel to it. Of you’re a 5a player and want something that has a different aesthetic but is still a very capable and comfortable feeling counterweight, go for it!

3 Likes

5 Likes