*NEW* Can anyone please help me identify this other yoyo?

I used to be heavy into yoyoing from 2008 until around 2013. I haven’t bought any yoyos since then, so they are all older than 2013. I’m going thru my collection to thin it out and pay some bills so if anyone can help me figure out the name of this yoyo I would appreciate it! It’s possible its a YYF but I’m not certain. I’m leaning towards it being something else tho.
It’s really close in size to a YYF yuuksta for a size comparison.
I took a picture of the mystery yoyo (pink splash) next to a yyf yuuksta(dark blue) so hopefully that will help figure this out
I am open to $ offers for it also. It plays smooth and unresponsive
This post started as another yoyo but it was solved as an 09 yyf severe! so I’m asking again to help me identify another yoyo
Thanks to all who help try to solve this mystery! lol

2 Likes

It looks kind of like a YoYoFactory Supernova or Nova. I’m not sure though.

I thought at first that it might be a nova also but after looking closer I can tell the grooves/ridges on the edges are different. This yoyo has more grooves/ridges on the outer rim, it has 3 grooves that u could finger grind on. I’m hoping that detail will make it easier to identify. I tried to take the best pics I could but I know they are not the best lol

2 Likes

I don’t know then, that was my best guess. I’m sure someone on here will be able to identify it.

Yoyofactory Catalyst

2 Likes

Its looks close to a catalyst but the outer rim and profile look a lil different to me. The name catalyst doesnt sound familiar either lol. There is a chance it’s not a YYF but I’m not sure. Thanks for the help tho!

1 Like

09 severe without the caps

8 Likes

AHA! I think your right about it bein an 09 severe! I imaged searched severe but it didnt look the same but I didnt know there was that much of a difference between years and it seems like the pix I saw of the severe were from 2010. I just looked up a 09 severe and it matches as far as I can tell. It just threw me off cuz all the pix I’ve seen of the 09 severe had caps on so it looks like the center was just smooth metal with no center threads showing. I didnt know they were caps so I couldn’t see the center screw/threads that I can see on mine. Thanks for helpin me figure this out! Does anyone know what it’s worth? I’ll be looking to sell it now that I’m almost certain i lnow what it is now lol

Dang I didn’t realize how similar so many of their yoyos looked from that era, I was on hiatus then. Nice eye @sparhawk

1 Like

I think I see damage and without the caps it loses a lot of value in the collector market. I’d think $40-60. If it’s mint you could add $20 and if you find the caps another 20

1 Like

The new one you posted looks like a RecRev BadRep Light

Imgur

link

Yoyonest page, it calls it an Aoda though, but it shows the BadRep light tin, so unless Aoda made a knock off then I think that’s it.

http://yoyonest.jp/shopdetail/000000019137/

@WickerWraith might be interested.

3 Likes

YESS!!! it’s all coming back to me now lol thanks!! Its definitely a RecRev BadRep Light! Can anyone recommend a fair selling price for it? I’m looking to sell it but I’m not sure what they are going for these days. I havent been on top of prices since I last bought a yoyo around 2012.

1 Like

Personally worthless to me, Alex Kim was not the most upstanding member of the community.

1 Like