New c3 Capless seems defective?

Ive used a Trifecta in my Capless for the last month and a half. Its quiet and smooth

Trifecta is a very quiet bearing. I have 3. I had a minor issue with one, which Twisted Stringz helped me to resolve. I would confidently buy more if and when I needed them.

I don’t know about specialty bearings in a Capless, though. I threw a General-Yo AIGR into the Capless and the entire setup is smooth and quiet and I have felt no need to muss about any further.

I can’t see why a specialty bearing would cause issues, and I suppose I could just test it (have everything required!) but I don’t think the OP should have been jumped on… they stated that a known perfectly good bearing exhibited the same problems in the Capless… that’s a reasonable testing method. Swap Trifecta out for known good bearing, still having issues. Sounds like the yoyo not the bearing to me, too.

Mind you, I’ve got crud-buckets full of bearings around here (OK, so only 8 or so extras…) and I would have tried a few of them just to confirm, as well as ALSO trying the Trifecta post-cleaning in another yoyo.

Hi All,

The problem is not from yoyo.

The reason of the noise come from bearing shield scratching the bearing seat. Different bearing factory have various bearing setting , so there is no only one standard of bearing shield in the market.

We suggest you to remove bearing shield if you have this problem.
The yoyo will back to good performance once you remove the bearing shield.

Here is show the different bearing shield between stock bearing vs other bearing.

I own the same colored capless and it plays fine with any bearing I put in it.

Give it time… Just like OD 10-balls it’ll get loud soon.

I haven’t been running either OD or Trifecta for a large number of months yet, but it seems to me that over time the lube will break in/wear through… and then you’ll have to lightly lube again. Lightly lubed bearings tend to be quieter overall.

So yes, I do believe that it’ll get loud soon. If you don’t lube it. And then it’ll get quieter again, after you lube it.

Or are you saying that over time, regardless of lube, it’ll get loud? That’s a theory I can neither prove nor disprove at this point, but I’m up for the challenge. :wink:

I hate posts like these :stuck_out_tongue: The op having no background knowledge of bearings or the yoyo, and they make a post saying the yoyo is messed up. We’ve all been there, but these posts just give the yoyo a bad name because the player doesn’t know how to maintain the yoyo. This has been said before, if the yoyo worked with the stock bearing, then it’s not the yoyo.

Agreed.

Not all bearings work well for all yoyos. Each yoyo works best with a certain yoyo usually.

Did anyone read this? :wink:

I thought I was hallucinating when noone mentioned it…

Settle down. A few of us are on a derailed separate conversation. Only one post so far that seemed to disregard the manufacturer’s reply.

I had a problem and needed help, but for those of you that we’re rude to me… I apologize for coming to a yoyo forum where the motto is “make the simple amazing” to get help. I apologize if people hate posts like these, but I asked specifically how to fix the issue and if it was normal. I only wanted help. I have posted multiple times looking for help from people on this forum and this is the first time I have ran into such rude people who are interested in only putting others down. I may not be educated, but that is why I came asking these questions. Forums are a mode of communication, not a cesspool of sanctimonious self righteous idolization and ad hominem attacks.

I thank those of you that helped, and hope the best for those who ridiculed.

upon removing the bearing shield, it appears that the problem remains… The yoyo is still responsive, and makes the creeching noise. This post was extremely helpful, and I appreciate the help and is very good advice that I will keep in mind for future yo-yos!

Thank you so much.

I also appreciate the response about the shields. One question that I have had is why this is not taken into account when machining? Why does any part of the yoyo need to come anywhere NEAR the bearing shield?

1 Like

Try to clean the bearing and bearing seat
Welcome to contact me if need further help or replacement : walter@c3yoyodesign.com

Lol you’re so right. Some people on this forum will bash you for using wrong grammar, will rudely correct you for spelling incorrectly. Nowhere besides school have I ever been so quick to edit a mistake I’ve made in spelling or grammar besides here on this forum. It’s okay tho there’s more nice people the. Rude ones, but it’s not right that you came looking for help an just get told that they hate post like this, I actually had the same problem, the funny part is the people that were being rude offered no help at all really. They just told you it wasn’t the Yoyo. We all have to start somewhere !

1 Like

I’ve been a frequenter of many many forums. This one is no worse than any other for grammar police and “another one of these threads?” complaints, etc. All forums are the same.

However, this forum is also a little bit more rich with people who are helpful and generous. And that’s pretty cool. :slight_smile:

Derailed? Nonesense. Noone on YYE has EVER derailed a thread.

I’m not sure if I ridiculed. If I did I’m sorry… I should stop worrying about things like that…

I’m already worried enough.