New bearing

I’m going to get a new bearing for my Avalanche. I don’t have a lot of experience with bearings.

Could you recommend a few?

Bearings are like yoyos, it’s all preferance. And most bearings play differently in different yoyos so you have to find out which one plays best. By the way, my favorite bearing is konkave :).

I use twisted trifecta

Bump

yyj speed

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Try the new Terrapin X S/C ceramic 10 ball wing cut or Flat bearings .
Soon to be up on YYE…

Will you ever sell steel bearings on YYE?

1 Like

Bump

For flat, the General-Yo AIGR is my favourite “smooth and quiet” bearing. I like it a touch better than the One Drop 10-ball. Less quiet (because it’s being run without lube, naturally) but high performing is the Terrapin X.

For profiled, I’ve got a lot of love for Twisted Trifecta.

But honestly. I haven’t met a bearing I didn’t like. I’ve got a few real KK’s, a few knockoff KK’s (steel and ceramic), YYJ Speed, the new YYF Spec X… some 10-ball that came with my Token and some 8-ball that came with my Capless. They all play fine. I just like to tinker, so I’ve tried a huge variety of the available bearings out there.

Not too many truly “crap” bearings out there. If you like flat, though, pretty hard to pass up the General-Yo!*

*note: it ships lubed, and is slightly responsive. You will need to break’er in.