Need help on the breakaway unfortunately

So i need help/suggestions on how to make my breakaway throw better, i am a decent yoyo player but i just never got good at the break away. because the front style throw was easier . but in short i can do a break away but its always tilted. Sometimes my wrist pops when i do a break away witch has also discouraged me from learning it. but I’ve put in some effort here lately to learn it but can just not seem to work that tilt out!! Any suggestions or techniques or different ways to look at it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Try letting the yoyo leave your hand early in the throw. Then you are only touching the string. Will also increase spin speed dramatically.
There is a good vid on YouTube by
Brandon Vu, that may help.

Im usually very good about not hitting things with my yoyo but im visiting my grandpa at them moment and decided to give that a go it did help with the tilting a ton the only thing is i was showing my grandpa my new trick and decided to give it a go and ended up hitting the light on the celing fan thank god it didn’t break it but damn i felt bad​:joy:. But thank you for your suggestion ill work on it more once i get home because after hitting the light i dont want to throw anymore over here​:man_facepalming::joy:

1 Like

The way this guy explained the breakaway helped me! I’m still not great by any means ( fyi I basically started trying new things with an unresponsive yo-yo this week) but the way he broke it down has helped me figure out how to work on the breakaway much better than watching like yo-yo tricks app

3 Likes

That’s the video I referred to above.
Thanks for providing the link​:grin::grin:

1 Like

Lol I didn’t even catch that!

My husband is the one that shared it with me to help me out!

1 Like

To comment on your wrist issues . If you are having pain trying throwing with your hand angled like this puts a bit less pressure in the wrist but can be tricky to adjust to this.

3 Likes

This is an excellent video.

1 Like