Need help on plastic whip!

Every time I try doing the plastic whip I don’t get a loo[color=green]p and the string goes Around my hand

Please make a vid to help

The best thing to do to practice this trick is to hold the yoyo out in front of you with your freehand. Make the L shape on your throwhand. There should be a piece of string that drapes over the L. Whip your hand forward. That piece of string should form a slack loop that encloses around the yoyo.

1 Like

Try to search youtube for a vid(i would do it myself but i’m posting in a hurry)
make an L where the string comes over your thumb and pointer finger. from there you pull up the yoyo and whip your HAND forward NOT THE STRING. don’t whip the string so ensure that it stays on the L and creates a loop.
Some thing to remember:
Keep string tension at a god level
Aim to the right side of the gap when whipping.

I tried what you said but I still can’t get a loop but when I do it wraps around my hand.

• Make an L shape with your hand .

• Whip your hand forward and a loop should form.

• You yoyo should be in the string  -
    Your yoyo is sopposed to be in the loop

Is that what you have to do  and what should happen [/s]

see the video on the learn section! ;D
I’m gonna teach you anyway. Make a "gun"hand shape so the sting
will go under the pointer finger then over the thumb. then from that position,
just pull up (pull harder than you think)you should see a loop form, if your lucky,
you might able to land it. now for the last part, with your wrist make a foward whipping motion(if you don’t get it just go to http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/034-advanced-plastic-whip.html ) You put it all togethor then it is a plastic whip, I hope I explained it well enough.

1 Like

I found it effective when starting off to keep my throwhand parallel to the floor at all times. Again, make sure that the string goes directly from the loop on your middle finger to drape over the top of your thumb. Give it a firm tug to hop the yo-yo to about bellybutton level (not so hard that you send the yo-yo flying). As the yo-yo reaches the high point of the hop, bring your throwhand straight down (I think this works better than the forward motion) and that slack loop should form in the area between your thumb and index finger, which will then whip into the gap of the yo-yo.

It sounds to me like what’s going wrong is the actual whipping motion. When you do the whip, keep your entire forearm including your hand and your wrist completely straight and rigid. It helps while you’re first practicing to isolate the whipping motion to your elbow and/or shoulder, just as long as you keep your forearm rigid.

Did you remember to aim to the right of the gap?

[glow=purple,2,300]I Finally did it

Try guiding the thumb string onto the yoyo to make an easier time practicing. It’s my advice. Good luck with it and I hope I helped! :slight_smile:

While the help is very much appreciated, he posted over 2 months ago saying that he got it, so extra help on something that has already been resolved is unnecessary. Gosh, I’m turning into Brian :stuck_out_tongue:

learned this trick today, and my advice is to learn lacerations. While I was learning that, I accidentaly did plastic whip. :slight_smile: