Need help for my first contest

I will participate in the ante online yoyo competition in the 1a sport division.
Do you think this song suits my freestyle?Do you have any recommendations? Could this freestyle get a high placment?
Please if anyone can help me i would appreciate it as it is my first contest and i am not sure if i can do good enough
Thanks for you

4 Likes

I can’t attach my freestyle what should i do :upside_down_face:

You can link your instagram and share it. That’s what I do. How people link the vids is beyond me

In terms of contest stuff remember that interaction with string is what generates clicks. Rail combos get a lot of points. That being said flashier mounts to certain positions will also be given more points than easier variants (e.g. whipping to kamikaze is probably worth more than the standard entrance)

1 Like

I can’t upload it on my Instagram unfortunately

I toss videos on Imgur then link them here. Not ideal but it works. YouTube would work as well

There’s no TE (clicks) for sport division

1 Like

And now I know

I know that there are no clickers but to stuff such as hooks btb and complicated trick score well

What is this online contest you speak of?

1 Like

Uploading your video to YouTube (share the link here) is another option.

Either way…. Good Luck!!

2 Likes

The ante contest is an online yoyo conest where you basically have to film your yoyo freeatyle and you have to register(which costs between 10-20$) and then you can submit your freestyle on their web and on the 15th of November they will announce the winners of each division. The top 3 of each division will also get a yoyo as a prize and if you register you will get the chance win many give aways. For more info you can search ante yoyo on google or Instagram

3 Likes

Ahh I see. Thank you for the info!

1 Like

Rail combos are really bad for contests. Maybe in sport rail combos would be good but idk it’s all eval categories

2 Likes

And now I know x2. Auxiliary lesson- don’t listen to my advice for contests

1 Like

Lol the reason is bc rail combos are made of very easy elements with low risk that usually don’t click and then they’re performed very fast. Just in case you were curious. Sport is just evals so clicks don’t really matter. Although in Ante, one of the categories does reward riskier tricks.

1 Like

Does anyone know how long the Freestyles are supposed to be?

2 Likes

Maybe you can upload to YouTube or imgur?

2 Likes