Need Advice for SuperYo! Samurai

Hey there everybody,

This is a question for anybody who knows anything about the SuperYo! Samurai. I just got my hands on a used one from EBay for about 80 bucks, and it seems to play pretty well considering it’s age and how rough it looks, but what I’m wondering is this-

What response stickers are supposed to be used on these things? On mine, one half has some weird rubber black one, and the other half seems to just have a translucent circular piece of tape or something.

Anybody know what a good modern responsive sticker is that you can use for these things?

Also does anybody know how the gap adjustment mechanism works?

Thanks in advance for the help

3 Likes

Dif Pads are in stock and should work, probably the standard size. New Duncan Friction Stickers should also be available soon separately or you can get a pair with a the new Freehands

1 Like

The new Freehands have a new response system, not friction stickers.

Edit: I forgot they come with friction stickers too

They have the option on of either silicone pads or wider response pads.

1 Like

No he is right though- they do come with response stickers as well that you can install over the silicone rings. I allready installed mine on my new freehand. But maybe I should see if I can take em off and get them to adhere to the samurai

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Just a comment on the Samurai- it’s a pretty neat yo-yo. Great feel in the hand. Heavy but not too heavy. I still prefer my cold fusion but I think this is now my favorite butterfly shape responsive. Just need to get the correct response set up…

Ah right, I forgot about that. Interested to see how the Samurai comes along!

1 Like

That looks like a kentaro pad and ghost pad in it. Any small or d bearing sticker pad should work.

The duncan ones and coreco come to mind.

1 Like

Cool thanks man. Appreciate the info

So I ended up just pulling the 3M pads off the Duncan and sticking them on the samurai. Then used the nice little gap adjustment mechanism to open up the gap a bit. Now I’m cruising. This-for me- goes toe to toe with any modern responsives on the market. I think I like the feel of it and Play better than my Titanium Confusion.

Money well spent. These yo-yos were killer! (And still are)

1 Like

“Lamina”, apparently. No idea what that means however.

2 Likes

Thanks for digging that up