Freehand One response

Ive been having some issues with the new freehand one response.

It just doesnt want to come back consistently, sometimes it’ll snag and do a messy bind or be so unresponsive I can do slack binds.

Is there a way to increase the response? Where can I get new pads? (Both the smaller ones and the white stickers?).

2 Likes

The friction sticker adds plenty of response but you can try cleaning the spacers with a cotton swab and applying a small amount of thick lube.

For me the friction stickers add a bit too much response so when it becomes too unresponsive I add a small drop of thick lube to the surface of each spacer, you can adjust the amount to your preference, more if you like it more responsive.

I’ve really only had the same issue at low rpm with a dry bearing and even then at higher rpm it will still have a good tug response so I can only hope this helps a bit.

Edit: As @bheinz63 pointed out yye has stickers in stock! But you can also still buy another freehand :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Oh! Yeah might try thick lube(gotta get it first). Hopefully duncan gets those stickers for sale soon! I tried both and it was too responsive but threw them out before I thought of trying just one.

1 Like

Yoyoexpert has both pads in stock.

Small bearing red pair

Standard friction sticker size white pair.

2 Likes

Oh sweet! Thanks!!!

1 Like