Need a responsive int-adv yoyo.

Now that YYJ is no more(sad), I won’t be able to get parts for my DM II(right?) that I absolutely love.

I need something for around $50 but know nothing about yoyos(I just like to throw 'em :)). Suggestions for a good, intermediate to advanced responsive yoyo? Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, I’ve only got three intermediate tricks under my belt.

If your DMII works just fine, I wouldn’t get another responsive yoyo or a yoyo that has responsive/unresponsive capabilities. Since you’ll be moving onto unresponsive tricks pretty soon, I’d suggest searching for a purely unresponsive yoyo you can invest $50 in- there are lots of them (YYF Shutter, YYF Too Hot, etc). In the long run you will thank yourself for doing it and not kicking yourself for spending $50 on a yoyo that’s responsive when you could’ve gotten that awesome new throw that just came out, or whatever.

Also, if you’re worried about parts not being available for your Dark Magic, buy some with your next order. They’ll probably be in stock across multiple stores for quite awhile after YYJ is no more and IIRC, most of the DMII’s “parts” that would need to be replaced aren’t specifically only made for the DMII… for example, if you need a new bearing, you can just buy a regular old YYF bearing and replace it with that or something.

But definitely look into spending that $50 on an unresponsive yoyo for sure.

Thanks for the advice. I have a Protostar I bought quite a while ago thinking it was responsive. Good enough for now?

Protostar is one of my favorite plastic yoyos. The 69 gram version of it (Northstar) was used to win Worlds in 2010 so I’d say it’s capable of anything you want to throw at it. As long as it works fine, you’re more than good to go until you want to take that $50 and invest it in a nice metal.

1 Like

Awesome!!! :slight_smile:

With that fifty bucks spend twenty of it and pick up a replay pro… It was recently used this year to win nationals…

1 Like

i second the replay pro, amazing throw and its cheap

1 Like

I’d say go with a First Base over a Replay Pro; I find it to be an overall better yoyo in all categories.