Need a new throw now!

Every year, my school has this big test that decides if 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders move on to the next grade. We have a pep rally for It, and I got big news for this. One of the teachers asked if I could do a 1 minute freestyle for it. This is my first ever freestyle, and i think i might need a new throw. What should i get!!! (preference Wedge)

1 Like

Without knowing more that is hard to say. What do you already have? Responsive or non-responsive? Plastic or metal? Budget? I can say that I just ordered myself a Shutter Wide Angle Galaxy because I wanted a yoyo easy to do tricks with in a color that would stand out. Also got some bright string because I wanted the string to show up as much as the yoyo.

1 Like

Well, i guess the max would be $30-$35, if you have any suggestions, and also a finger spin dimple.

Also, iā€™d really prefer plastic.

Iā€™m thinking about trying the Antidote. Plastic, finger dent, $20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q59wVlitcGk

3 Likes

This looks great! Iā€™ll check it out.

I say snag a Recess Snack. Judging by the 3rd-5th grade comment, you still have some growing to do, and a full size yoyo will make chopsticks and some other elements harder for your smaller hands. 35 bucks and you can get a cool splash and a good throw.

2 Likes

Speedaholic XX is what you want!

PM me if you want mine for cheap.

1 Like

Iā€™ve taken out the Snack(sorry,@DCM92Lude), but the antidote and Speedaholic xx are both 5 stars. if you guys need any more help, i like tech, slacks, speed, and cool binds(ex. flick bind).

Shooting Star
Another plastic within your price range that has a finger spin dimple, and itā€™s based on the iceberg if that helps

1 Like

dove

2 Likes

oh and I agree, the speedaholic xx is greart

Should I watch the Yoyojoe1 reviews, because i think he might have videos on all of these.

1 Like

Not the Spaeedaholic XX, but the rest, yes. Heā€™s very good. If you do ever want to get a metal, def go for the silenus. If there was no budget, the EDGE beyond is a powerhouse! (According to BV)

I think i might buy the shooting star. Do you guys think i should, because its a plastic replica of the iceberg(the yoyo that sold in less than a day).

1 Like

mannnnn Speedaholic xx is the best plastic with a dimple Iā€™ve ever thrown. Iā€™ve owned so many plastics over the last decade and different type of plastics. The H shape of the speedaholic xx gives it great stability for plastic. Definitely ample for a 1 min freestyle which sounds like fun enjoy!

3 Likes

If you like the yoyo, then go for it.
BUT

1. Just because a yoyo sold out quickly, doesnā€™t make it a good yoyo, it just means that the company did a good job promoting it and building hype before its release.
  2. Even though a plastic yoyo is designed similarly to a metal one, this does not mean that they will play the same.

You should do some research and pick a yoyo based on what looks appealing to you and sounds like it fits what you want to play.

I havenā€™t played the shooting star, but I will say that I like the Wedge, it is a lot of fun and has a surprising amount of power for a plastic throw.

That said, @Legit_Yo-Yo recommended the Dove above. I didnā€™t realize it before that this yoyo is ONLY $35!? You will get much better reliability and performance out of a machined delrin yoyo vs. a molded plastic one.
Nate is one of my favourite yoyo reviewers, this is what he thought of the Dove: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hannQohx1ZU

Thatā€™s likely what I would pick to tick all of your boxes.
Thatā€™s my input, best of luck with your performance! Hope you have fun!

3 Likes

I agree I have the OG iceberg, but itā€™s not incredibly consistent. Pom yoyos are always great and again, the Speedaholic XX is a beast! At the end of the day, itā€™s your choice! (Oh and the Wedge Rocks!)

1 Like

Ok guys, I think Iā€™ve decided on the Antidote. Iā€™m thinking about getting a 4a yoyo with it, so what do you think: Flight or Skyhawk?

1 Like

Youā€™ll enjoy that!

Iā€™d go with skyhawk over flight personally.