Need a "Light-Up" Yoyo Recommendation

My work takes me to different countries, and often there will be kids around. Next time I go, I’m going to take a couple of throws with me (haven’t done that in years), but really would like to add a good light-up throw.

About 12 years ago I had a pretty good one from Duncan - traditional shape. It really looked cool when it lit.

Anyway, the more “bling” in the lights, the better. Expense is really not an issue, though I don’t think these kinds of throws have ever been very expensive.

• “Wow factor” of the lights is top requirement.

• Basic, acceptable playability is a factor, too - I imagine anything from one of the main
    manufacturers would be fine.

Would love to hear what you think!

Light up FHZ.

1 Like

Light-up Duncan Freehand Zero for string tricks, Yomega Spectrum for modified traditional shape are the first two that come to mind. I’m sure there are tonnes!

1 Like

The first two that popped into my head were the shinwoo fire loop and fire techno

1 Like

Yoyo Glow sticks. There sold here. And I know it’s not what you’re looking for exactly, but I figured I’d throw that out there as an idea :slight_smile:

Forgot the Duncan Pulse for looping.

1 Like

First:

Stock up on the batteries.

Duncan FHZ Pulse with a Terrapin X A+ Beefcake kit and spare clean bearings and a Duncan spacer kit so you can get that yoyo exactly where you want it. Oh, and an A-sized CBC CenterTrac.

Pair of Duncan Pulse loopers.

Extra Duncan light-up dice for 5A

Get a Shinwoo LED light-up kit if you can get them. Get two sets. Fits most yoyos. Gives you loads of options. Try a pair of white Unleashed!! Duncan Hayabusa clear(got the mod spacers too, it helps). Glue the light kit in place or the yoyo is gonna vibe like mad unless it can be wedged into position

Now, also get yourself a glowing DieNasty and a Magic YoYo D5 Sprite

If you’re modifying yoyos with the screw/nut axle system, MARK your nut and axle and yoyo so you can put the yoyo back together QUICKLY with minimal vibe. Don’t use a Sharpie for final marking, use a file and cut very small notches because ink will quickly fade.

If you want, try to get a solid colored Chief if you can, and get the glow mod kits. The kits work good in other stuff too, but I find the CLYW with the “Chief rings” ideally fit them. Otherwise, use the adapter tube to make them fit. Clear plastic yoyos also work good as the light kinda looks like it’s going into the plastic when spinning. A clear DM2 would be awesome but really, any clear yoyo with removable caps would be fine.

Why not: Go nuts and bulk up on glow string!

Learn diabolo, there are light-up kits available here as well.

1 Like

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/350/Shinwoo-Light-Kit-(Pair)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1oMxJiFzs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQk8-fYmgz9S3jsZuvNoscQ

2 Likes

Great guidance. Thanks, everyone -

Just get a set of pod poi and be done with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Glow in the dark powder coat is an option as well as some of the glow in the dark paints.

Don’t have one but a Light-up FHZ sounds pretty good.