This year the contest will be run in conjunction with the Southeast Winter Throwdown skill toy event. It will take place in Charlotte NC on Saturday December 14. We will crown an NC State champion as well as winners in 1a, Open, Sport Ladder, and Fixed Axle divisions, as well as a number of rad kendama contests. Please feel free to join the Southeast Winter Throwdown Facebook event page for more details.
I’ll update this thread with more info including the finalized venues, event schedule, and a full list of sponsors.
@ed, for those of us that don’t do the facebook , is there going to be a Southwest Winter Throwdown webpage out there? And yes i know i’m the only person who doesn’t use the facebook… just can’t bring myself to do it.
venue is a place that kevin markie knows and has worked at. i’ve never been there, so fingers crossed. the nice thing is that the music system is apparently great and we have someone dedicated to work it.
mentioned this on the fb event page, but if you haven’t seen it:
Just a few things to plan for in advance of the event!
• We will charge $2 for non-competing spectators to help defray the cost of the venue.
• $10 to participate in the kendama ladder contest or the yo-yo freestyle(s).
• $5 to participate in the yo-yo sport division (which excludes you from freestyle) or fixed axle division (which does not).
• Inkbot is printing up an official event t-shirt which will be available in limited quantities for $10 (or $5 with event participation).
• We will be raffling off some awesome items from our fabulous sponsors at $3/ticket (we will have those items on display at registration).
• We will have bottled water for sale for $1.
• Bear in mind that this event will be a little different, with some yo-yo and kendama events taking place simultaneously. There will be some (but limited) space for seating. There are several great restaurants adjacent to the Dharma Lounge.