“Narrow” yo-yos?

Been out of the loop for a while but watching worlds this week has gotten me wanting to get a new throw.

Can I get some recommendations for competition oriented yo-yos that’s on the narrower side like under 44mm? Do people even make new yo-yos this narrow anymore? Seems like every notable release in recent times is like 46mm+ in width compared to like the 42-43mm norm when I started a decade ago.

Both mono and bimetal recommendations appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hydrangea Magnolia is 43mm wide. Multiple 5A and 3A competitors at worlds were using it (Shigehiro Yamada and Kento Itai to imediately name two)

Another recommendation would be the Blur Autoscopy. YYR updated the monometal Autoscopy to be 58x40 62g. Hajime has been competing with this for 1A instead of the bimetal Autoscopy. I think you’re a YYR fan, so this might be the one to look out for? It’s also the cheapest option.

I don’t really have recommendations outside of that lol. I think I remember you already having Ramis, most stuff feels like it’s 44mm at the narrowest now which is kinda lame.

3 Likes

I have one mint valkyrie available that checks out your width preference, heres the specs.

Diameter 55mm
Width 43mm

Yuta kashiwaya sig 42.17mm wide…

Ditto blur autoscopy from yyr. Also, gopa by yyr as well (36mm wide). Blur definitely has more competition flavor while the gopa has a more laid back feel. Both are super fun.

Edit - also OD panorama / diorama (38mm), kanto by dressel designs (38mm bimetal), slim dunk/rebound (38mm), and wave by static co (41mm) are great options! If you want something crazy slimline checkout the ilyy blackbelt (28mm bimetal).

1 Like

Slappa is a skinny modern throw!

3 Likes

One Drop Still Rollin: 41.40 mm
Motion Linear: 43mm
yoyofriends Nucleon: 43.98mm

1 Like

If the Steadfast sells OK, I’ll have this made which is a thin, 42mm wide yoyo.

4 Likes