n00b yo yoing (tips welcome!)

Hey guys, I’m kinda new to the forum and new to yo yoing. I’ve only been throwing for about 4 or 5 months…so no hatin’. I’ve decided to document my slow, but steady progress. Lettme know what you guys think. And seriously, tips or suggestions are more than welcome. And sorry for the lame quality…I need to invest in a better camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAD5at4I1xo

(note: I know…I suck at my boingy boings. haha. What beginner doesn’t though?)
Derp.

Cool man! Pretty dang good for only 4-5 months. Very smooth!! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Great job!!!

Totally groovy. Keep it up!

You’re doing very well, keep up the good work. It’s great to see a fair young damsel participating in the sport. We all look forward to see more from you.

good job!

I see lots of potential here. I hope to see you around the forums.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, guys! You make me feel less n00b-ish. hahaha.

Hahaha. Thanks. …Did I mention that I worked at Subway for a year? So I can make one fiiiiine sammich as well. ::slight_smile:

Way past where I am at 6.5 months. I mean, WAY past me. Of course, I’m having a hard time with this whole yoyo thing, but I’m enjoying it every step of the way. I enjoy the challenge and the rewards that go with finally getting the skills down.

Way to go. Keep it up. And no, you don’t need to make me a sammich!

You rwmind me of yokolton

great stuff.

about the vid quality, there are a few things you can do better

first off, a light source behind you is a no go, if anything you want it either above you or preferably behind the camera or between you and the cam.

about the yoyoing, I like your flow, definitely nice. Keep at it.