Mystery Box 2020

if anybody copped a yyf 5a mystery box tell us what you got…i didnt bc i am waiting for the normal mystery box

3 Likes

Has anyone received theirs yet? Tracking shows mine won’t be here til Friday, but I would still like to know what I have coming.

1 Like

One possibility is Shutter Pivot, seen here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbXDDxh7kK/

6 Likes

Saw that spoiler alert. I’m still curious on what Plastic was pair with it. I’m guessing an Arrow.

3 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday. It included a shutter pivot and a replay pro, both with 5A branding

8 Likes

I already saw the posts on Instagram that show what to aluminum throw is. I’m curious as to what else is in the box.

1 Like

Are the weights just the yoyofactory balls?

Yes, looks random. I got a red rubber ball, red clear die, and a yellow solid die in a bag; and a solid yellow plastic ball in the shutter pivot box.

5 Likes

Mine showed up earlier this week…nice value for $40, especially since I didn’t have any version of the Shutter or Replay yet.

Did anyone get any different colors?

9 Likes

My Shutter is black with pink caps.

2 Likes

The cap is interesting how are the finger spins compared to the other fingerspin cap yyfs?

1 Like

Interesting the counterweights look exactly like the Duncan counterweight packs.

1 Like

4 Likes

Any body with a normal shutter how does this stack up? Height, width, weight, playability?

1 Like

It’s almost exact same dimensions as the original shutter. It feels lighter on the string to me.

It is the duncan counter weight set. I have a bag from a couple years ago and they’re indistinguishable.

1 Like

It’s very similar to the Arrow or Metal Arrow, in that it’s a plastic cap, also not the best for finger spins. I personally would have prefered it to be hollow body metal like the other Pivot yoyos.

1 Like

I got the same color in the Replay but the Shutter I got is the black with pink caps.

1 Like

Interesting that a YYF MysteryBox contains Duncan stuff with the label removed :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m guessing that’s all they were able to sell when Duncan held the patent for 5A.

2 Likes