My yoyo gets slowed down really bad after lubing.

I used yoyo jam lube to lube my yoyo now it slowed down to half speed I’m using the dv888 by the way.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you’ll be a mile away and he’ll be shoeless.”

yeah lube slows down bearings…

just clean your bearing, or use compressed air to blow most of the lube out.

Step by step:

1. De-shield the bearing.
  2. clean it in mineral spirits.
  3. let it dry. (spin bearing to help get out any liquid left)
  4. take a needle and dip the tip in the lube.
  5. touch the needle once to the inner race. (spin again to distribute the lube)
  6. Re-shield bearing if you want to.

Lube has to be thin lube.

Thick lube for responsive.
Thin lube for non-responsive.

The yoyos new I just got it a week ago so I am not sure dirt would be in the bearing.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you’ll be a mile away and he’ll be shoeless.”

Who said anything about dirt?

Do I need to clean a new bearing then?

you’re not cleaning ofut dirt, you’re cleaning the lube out because you over lubed.

1 Like

Oh thank you I lube until the yoyo makes no more sound.

We’ve come full circle. :wink:

Adding lube will slow down your bearing. Most people expect their bearings to make a bit of sound. I’ve NEVER had a bearing that was totally quiet and still unresponsive. It’s not a realistic expectation. The best you can hope for is for them to make a gentle sound.

People who don’t want slow-down from lube just run their bearings totally dry. And they expect there to be some noise as a result. I can’t handle that. I like my bearings quiet. But I also like them to work. So I use the pin-drop method and it works out pretty well.

You need to either spend hours weeks (depending on just how much lube you put in) breaking it in and playing responsive in the meantime… OR… clean the bearing to get rid of the lube and start over again, adding a smaller amount this time.

I’ve actually had one dead silent unresponsive bearing, and it drove me nuts, I like hearing it lol not too loud but there.

Next time you have one of those, I’ll buy it off you. Haha! My Northern Spin CORE was dead silent before break-in, but it was also slightly responsive. Once it was broken in, there was a bit of a gentle noise to it.

ah ok, this one was already broken in too, so I just couldn’t bear playing with it lol but if it happens again I will PM ya.