My yoyo bearing is getting worse after lube ( It's smaller drop than the draw but it's will be not noticeable if I'm draw smaller )

Can someone help me to solve this problem?
My problem is when i lubed my yoyo bearing it is getting worse and i am sure that nothing is wrong. It’s just slowed down and get responsive. There nothing wrong with my yoyo and my bearing can spin with my finger for about 10 second after cleaning. But it’s get worse after lube , I just use yoyofactory thin lube and dropped it in pin with a really tiny tiny drop in my bearing then that happened. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

1 Like

Just play the Yoyo for like an hour or two and it’ll be fine. Probably just need to spread the lube around in the bearing.

2 Likes

What you can try to do is to use a air can spray, put the bearing on a pencil or similar and then spray air to make it rotate super fast, in this way you can make the lube dry much faster.

I have to be honest I just do not lube my bearings, I had your same issue all the time and spend time to make the lube dry is boring

1 Like

Forget the lube! Get the bearing cleaned up properly and pop it in. Run it dry.

1 Like

Dry bearings are loud and a lot of ppl don’t want to annoy those around them. Lubing bearings is a great way to make them quieter. I just do a drop and play the yoyo semi responsive for a little while and then those yoyos spin much quieter.

4 Likes

I used to run into this issue a lot when I was learning to clean. I hate to say it but you are missing a step in the process most likely.

The best way I have found is a good soak in 100% acetone shake or stir it a few times to get the gunk out. But I usually do a good 5-20 minutes depending.

Then put the bearing on a chopstick or something and spin it until you are positive it’s no longer “wet” and it spins a long while.

Then use a VERY small drop of lube, a tiny amount. And you should be good to go.

Here’s a good video https://youtu.be/KX5K_Oeu-4M?si=byp_75Cp-NH9my-Y

2 Likes

Ya, I hear that.

Too, with the right bearings, they will run quite for a good couple days, sometimes longer, then they get loud, louder.

I’m regularly swapping out bearings and maybe that’s not for everyone.

Contrary to popular belief, lubricating a bearing slows it down. As noted above, blowing the bearing out with compressed air works great.

3 Likes

Dry bearing performs better, lube will increase lifetime and quietly.

Just depends what you want.

If you only care about how it performs then just don’t put any lube.

1 Like