My videos are missing

Sorry about my videos disappearing, I think when I delete them from my phone it’s deleting them from the site as well. I thought once it’s posted on here I would be saved and I didn’t need to keep it on my phone or whatever… Sorry guys, ill just have to save all my videos to my SD card so they don’t get wiped off the site

I’m not into tech but I think when a video is posted here it just saves the link. Like if I post a link to a youtube vid, if the vid is deleted from youtube it will not show up on my post.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m starting to see the pattern cause all my videos are missing right after I delete it from my phone

1 Like

That only applies to remotely hosted pics and videos like youtube or photobucket. If you upload a pic to this site it has a copy of your pic and I would assume the same goes for a video. Your phone is not a hosting site that YYE can link to. Mr. codinghorror probably has a better answer.

Edit: Ahhh, I see in the other topic that you had them hosted on google photo. So it was just a link here, and I think stuff you upload to google from your phone is synced to your phone and goes away when you delete it from the phone.

1 Like

Yeah it’s getting deleted from the cloud. Make sure when you delete it is only deleting the local copy in your phone, not also deleting what was uploaded to the cloud too.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! I didn’t know that

If you don’t want it to go away, you can upload the video to youtube (and possibly keep it unlisted).

2 Likes