My New Favorite Paper Airplane

Back in 6th or 7th grade we did a paper airplane contest in science class. After we all went the teacher made one in maybe 2 minutes, went and threw it, and it went dang near the entire hallway. Wish I could remember how she folded them

3 Likes

The other night I stayed up with my boys and made one called “the camel”. It was one of those planes that you had to cut all of the pieces out and tape them together, then when it was assembled it was like one of those old double stacked Wing planes.

I could not get this darn thing to fly straight to save my life, and then a little while later I caught my youngest son (2yo) stepping on it on the floor. I was like “Noooooo! That thing took me like 30 minutes to build! You ruined it!”. At least, I thought he ruined it…

Part of the wing structure had torn and the main body of the plane was all flattened out and it was all crumbly looking.

And then I thought I would go ahead and give it one last throw just for the heck of it.

I kid you not, that thing flew straight as an arrow! And for a long time too! So, aesthetically he did ruin it, but he actually ended up fixing it! It was pretty hilarious haha

6 Likes

Little did you know your child is going to be the greatest aerospace engineer of all time. He knew what he was doing lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll give it a try.

I did test fly the Redwood and it’s pretty cool. I followed your throw advice and it seems to do some aerobatics (barrel rolls), then straighten out and glide for quite a ways.

1 Like

How:

5 Likes

Great videos! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Has anyone had the white wings series? I remember them from when I was in grad school.

1 Like