My idea of weight distribution

I have noticed that many of you don’t know most of works I have done, I allow myself to show you one of my old yoyo that, unfortunately, has gone unnoticed.
This is a yoyo that embodies my personal vision of how weight should be put.
I am very proud of this, but I am also sorry that he didn’t have the following he deserved.
Yoyo like MP3, Megawatt or laser yoyo, are nonsense, toys made just to laugh at.
I hope you will appreciate it or enjoy it.
I wish you could try this, because you would feel the deep difference.
Senza%20titolo-2
Please tell me what you guys think?

24 Likes

Saw it on yt. Amazing

2 Likes

Looks like a string cutter or snagger, but otherwise nice work.

2 Likes

It’s not a string cutter.
This is the first run, I pushed modifying the holes, but the string had no damages

10 Likes

It looks great! Did the weight distribution turn out how you wanted it? How does it play?

3 Likes

That is a piece of functional art if I’ve ever seen one! You do beautiful work! Bravo!

7 Likes

Yoyo is fast, light on the string and easy to move. But the feeling on the string in amazing. The middle part missing gives to the yoyo more spin and keep it straight, both longitudinally and transversally.
I think I should came in some yoyo competition and let try my yoyos, because I’m sorry a lot of yoers think my yoyos are just beautiful and they don’t realize they are made in this way just to the playability.

5 Likes

Very cool looking yo-yo, wow! From a machining standpoint though this would be extremely hard to produce in bulk. Do you think you could achieve similar weight distribution with a hollow body design?

3 Likes

Absolutely stunning!
Looks incredible.
And yes I wish I could try this.

3 Likes

Ditto @FourCorner

2 Likes

Is it just me or has Mr Bist raised the level of this forum in general since he started posting?

No offence to any of the regular contributors.

But seriously!

12 Likes

Ettorre was raising the level of any forum; years ago when people were not willing to listen and learn.

He was ahead of the curve before it was even curving.

He had people not liking him because people thought he was just showing off; when he was pretty much doing just the opposite. He was trying to share his research. But people weren’t buying it.

He went away for awhile. Not mad but more or less disappointed because his intentions were misunderstood.

It is said that Genius and Crazy are right next to each other on a number line.

Years ago; some folks made the mistake of thinking Mr. B.I.S.T. was sort of crazy. When he is actually more sort of Genius.

I am sure glad Ettorre is back.

Years ago he dropped into the scene from the future.

Now history repeats itself and here he is again.

He could write a book on weight distribution in yoyos.

Actually he could have written one; over 10 years ago; released it today; and it would still be fresh🤓

A true Mastermind.

13 Likes

I love it. Plenty of centre weight there though. I like a bit of center weight.

2 Likes

Question @MrBist:

Do you use a CNC machine, or a milling machine? More broadly, what tools do you use to make these epic creations?

3 Likes

Wow - truly art right there. Super interested to see How it would actually throw! Everything about it is intriguing! Thanks for sharing here!

4 Likes

Not only fot this reason, I have my foult.
BTW thx you guys, I really appreciate it

4 Likes

No, all the protos are hand made with hobby tools.

Yes and no, in some parts, without the holes, you would need a too much thin thickness. But sure a very close job could be done.

3 Likes

Maybe a hollow body Titanium then? Walls can be machined down to 1mm with Ti if i’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Sure, in this case titanium could be used to reach super thin thickness

4 Likes

Parts of the Fulvia were 0.45mm, and I think the TiSS hummingbird got down to 0.5mm for most of its wall.

4 Likes