My first yoyo meet up!

Just left my local park. I gave away three yoyos to the only kids there. Gave them some lessons and invited them to the park this Friday for more free lesson. “And probably string”. We have no community in my area so this is a start. I’m excited to be doing this but not sure that they will show up. If anyone is in the Huntington WV area come on through. DM me for exact location. Keep in mind it may just be me for now. Any pointers/tips for running a local meet would be appreciated.

Yo-Life

15 Likes

Be consistent with your time and place like “second Saturday of every month 12-3p at xxxx location”. Then put up posts here and fb and Reddit with that info and state in the title. Maybe create a fb group where you can post meets as events and share to yoyo BST and other fb groups. Be consistent and they will come and you will grow over time. It won’t be instantaneous but it will happen!

Also stickermule.com is great for stickers and swag. They often run great deals on 50 stickers or pins that you can snag for cheap and 50 is plenty for club swag.

Good luck! Throwing with others is always better imo.

5 Likes